What's the LARGE K all about, in Settings, General, About Device, multi-tap Android Version?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I read something about the Debug mode in a thread here.

Following the instructions, I, as the subject says, opened Settings, General, About Device and then tapped the Android Version line (right side column) and it opens a large letter K. Which then spins if tapped.

Curiousity killed the cat but that's how we learn sometimes...........

And I will add, that I was testing the hdmi adapter so that while I was playing with the settings above, the video I was playing through the adapter kept playing on the tv uninterrupted by my playing around.

rcazador

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Following the instructions, I, as the subject says, opened Settings, General, About Device and then tapped the Android Version line (right side column) and it opens a large letter K. Which then spins if tapped.

Curiousity killed the cat but that's how we learn sometimes...........

And I will add, that I was testing the hdmi adapter so that while I was playing with the settings above, the video I was playing through the adapter kept playing on the tv uninterrupted by my playing around.

Its an easter egg. Just an indication that you're on Kitkat. No functional purpose.

patty1955

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

Did you continue tapping each screen until you got to the screen saver/game?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No. I got the K and it moved a bit but did not go further. So, if I continue tapping in the K-screen, some game will appear or are there other screens.

AND SEPARATELY

I'm new to Android. What does ROOTING the Tab S get me, if anything?

Are there special apps that I will be able to install?

I've read about limitations on storing apps on an EXTERNAL sd-card. Can it change that behavior?

I have also read about limitations on WRITING or perhaps sharing files between apps? For instance, I THINK I read that if you open word-type documents in some apps, you canNOT edit and save them under the same name or into the same folder. The "sandbox" concept isolating apps and their data from other apps and their data respectively.

I don't see any sub-thread on Rooting the Tab S units whereas there are sub-threads for other devices. So I don't want to do anything too drastic unless it buys/gains me something.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci