I have looked through both the pdf file and the online manual (why can't they provide that full manual as a pdf file???) and did not see this TOP ROW of icons. But I may have missed it.

Do they provide any active function or do they merely provide status or notifications. They are the icons in the top left and boxed in red in the attached screenshot. What do they mean. There's a bunch of those down-arrows (downloads, perhaps?) Two 'caution triangles'?

Thanks in advance

Okay, are they just status or notification icons but don't have an active function?-screenshot_2014-10-09-07-07-09.jpg
    10-09-2014 11:08 AM
    The notifications on the left are always notifications provided by apps. The ones on the right, are always notifications provided by the system.

That being said, the ones on the left you can usually clear by swiping them out from the notification bar, or tapping on the CLEAR ALL button on the top right that appears when you expand the notification bar.

As for the icons, the first one is the SD Card Inserted notification, and it's there just to let you know that an SD Card has been detected and has been mounted.
    The second one is some app displaying a battery status. The third is the annoying NY Times app (I always disable that). The next one is GMail, of course. Then you have a notification from WatchON (Probably the remote control on the notification bar), the two red triangles are warnings, and can be from files or apps that went rogue, or failed downloads from Google Play. The black WiFi icon looks to me like part of Lookout's apps, but not sure which one. Then you have a message waiting for you from a Forums app (I´m hoping it´s the AC Forums app ). The arrows are completed downloads FROM GALAXY APPS (you might want to disable the auto-update feature that's ON by default in there, that's Samsung's App Store). The BBM icon is, of course, a notification from BlackBerry Messenger. The Printer is probably from HP's online printing service, and the handbags with check marks are successful downloads from Google Play.
    Golfdriver97 and FF22 like this.
    10-09-2014 11:50 AM
    Thanks. Are they actually explained somewhere or did you find or figure them out yourself?
    10-09-2014 03:40 PM
    Honestly, for personal experience. I'm not sure if they're explained somewhere though. I'm the kinda guy that never reads instruction manuals
    FF22 and mitchellboy37 like this.
    10-09-2014 04:31 PM