Ever since the Galaxy Tab S came out I've had on my radar screen to buy, however the configuration I want (32GB memory + LTE) isn't available (at least for the US market). I don't get it. I tried contacting Samsung to get an answer for how, when or where I could buy this but they weren't helpful at all. I would think Samsung would be eager to sell more products. Why give BestBuy an exclusive lock on the 32GB version? Is that a limited time deal with BestBuy? I'm currently on Verizon and they finally started offering a 10 inch LTE version but with only 16GB. No one at Verizon will tell me if and when they'll add a 32GB version? Any information on when or how such a configuration can be purchased?

On a related question, if I want to use the LTE version on the Verizon network does the tablet have to be sold by Verizon or can it be purchased elsewhere and just added to my account?
    10-15-2014 10:54 AM
    Hi Dappled,

Unfortunately, the BestBuy deal is an extended one (see those Samsung kiosks in there? Well, they're there for a reason). Although no whisper of a 32GB+LTE version just yet, the best guess would be somewhere around the holidays, so November/December seems like a good bet. However, Verizon usually gets their devices later than everyone else, so it might be a little while longer.

As for your buying options, you need a Verizon tablet or to make sure that the one you get supports Verizon's network. Not all radios are made the same, and not all carriers use the same frequency.

If you REALLY want one right now, have you considered getting a WiFi version, that's cheaper, and then just use the extra cash to get a portable hotspot or just use your phone's hotspot?
    10-15-2014 11:03 AM
    Thanks for the info and suggestion. I've regretted previous device purchases which were WiFi only. Yes you can use a hotspot but it's a hassle, you have to have you phone with you and the hotspot enabled, but more importantly when you have non-technical family members hotspots are more than they can deal with (especially if there are multple phones in the family). My hope and expectation is that a LTE tablet will get me out of the "Dad/Husband as HelpDesk" role because no matter who picks it up or where they are using it it will just work.
    10-15-2014 01:22 PM
    Well, I'd still try the portable hotspot option. There are ones that you just turn on and off, no hassle other than adding the WiFi network to your tablet. I mean, it's usually between 100 to 150 dollars more for an LTE-enabled device, plus the wait times, and in this modern world, six months can mean a new, better device out there that you'll want instead...
    10-15-2014 05:44 PM
    I am with t-mobile and I have included Hotspot with 3gb of Hotspot to use for free with my unlimited data plan. I just flip it on my phone since I carry my phone 100% of the time. Also t-mobile has not said anything about carrying the tab s 10.5 with LTE at all. Also Verizon, AT&T and sprint are selling the LTE version with 16gb and personally I don't think it will change

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-16-2014 10:33 AM