I just got a Samsung Pro 64GB card for my Tab S. I went to move a movie that I had to the MicroSD card, but when I tried to move it, it gave me a message saying that under Android 4.4, it's unable to write to an external SD card.

That can't be right, can it? How do I get around this?
    10-15-2014 12:42 PM
    I just got a Samsung Pro 64GB card for my Tab S. I went to move a movie that I had to the MicroSD card, but when I tried to move it, it gave me a message saying that under Android 4.4, it's unable to write to an external SD card.

That can't be right, can it? How do I get around this?
    That is right as under KitKat, third-party apps generally have no write/delete privileges on SD cards. Depends on what you're doing. I presume you tried to do this from within the app you were using.

You can move the file manually using Samsung's native My Files file manager. Most apps (I use MX Player Pro, for instance) will still be able to access the movie just fine. They just can't rename or do the initial write. MX can in fact delete. Some won't.
    10-15-2014 12:56 PM
    Also check under Settings/General/Storage, (right column) that the sd card is mounted. You can mount and unmount a card and it is recommended to UNmount before removing it from the device. But I've stored lots of music, pictures and video on my 64gig card. Most I did copy using a card reader on my computer but I have also hooked up the usb cable and used Win Explorer to drag/copy files from computer to the card when it was inside the Tab S.
    10-15-2014 03:52 PM