my local Best Buy sold only 2 (two) Galaxy Tab S 10.5 so far this month, compared to 350+ iPads.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I love my Galaxy Tab S 10.5. Use it every single day and I just love it.(or did I already mention that? :D )

I was chatting with my local Best Buy store manager who happened to be my co-worker's college roommate in the early 1990s.

He told me that they only sold 2 (yes, TWO) Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablets so far this month. Compare this to well over 350 iPads. He said most people just think of iPads when they think of tablets.

It really makes me wonder. I had the iPad 2 before and played with the current iPads. There is no way that I will ever pick the iPad over my Tab S 10.5. Or is that just me? :(

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I know our local Best Buy sold at least one because I purchased it.

I played with it at the Best Buy store... but ultimately bought it from Amazon. No sales tax(8%) and much lower sale price $399. Best Buy was willing to price match, but still would have cost more because of the $31.99 in tax.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ipads will always be the most popular devices, doesnt bother me my tab is suits my needs far better for torrents, [redacted], multi-screen and numerous other things id never be able to do on a ipad.

The only thing id give the ipad over my tab s is build quality.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's just comes down to the person. Honestly I think that Apple is for the general public and Android /Samsung is more of a tech following.

I looked at the Tab S and also the note pro 12.2. Ultimately getting the NP12.2. But our Best buy didn't have it at the store. They only have the newer and older Tab models.

I personally wouldn't trade any of my electronics to have Apple. I had an iPhone once, and that was enough. Haven't looked back since.

It's just like so many thought my Note 3 was huge when I got it. But now that Apple offers the 6+ which the case is actually larger while having a slightly smaller screen, it's OK to have the big phones now.

Posted via Android Central App

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually at last check it was 51.5% compared to 42.4%.

I don't think that many are technical but I wasn't talking phones, I was thinking tablets.

I think part of the real reason there is such a high market share is the number of cheap or free on contract phones that run android. I would love to see the numbers of phones that run the latest OS between apple and Android.

Posted via Android Central App

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Well tablets are like phones except simpler. No need to think about data plans and contact and so forth if you get a Wi-Fi. And again, android has many more choices if you want something less expensive than an iPad. More sizes too.

Btw, Maybe best buy sold so few galaxy tab because people can get them for cheaper elsewhere? Like with no taxes? Or Costco with 90 days return. With iPad, it's the same wherever you buy.

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Amazon is DEFINTELY the way to go if you want an android tablet. I bought my now old Nexus 10 on there when they had a sale and saved around $150 on it just by getting it on amazon as oppose to my local wal-mart. No sale tax and good prices. I suggest anybody who wants to save money on most android tablets should invest in a Amazon Prime account.

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
if you asked him the same question 3 mos ago i am sure the answer would have been the other way around.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Amazon is DEFINTELY the way to go if you want an android tablet. I bought my now old Nexus 10 on there when they had a sale and saved around $150 on it just by getting it on amazon as oppose to my local wal-mart. No sale tax and good prices. I suggest anybody who wants to save money on most android tablets should invest in a Amazon Prime account.

I got mine at Costco. The $50 off helped. And being in the home of Amazon (and Costco), I save no Sales tax on purchases unfortunately.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Returned my Air 2 and went back Verizon and purchased the 10.5 S. Although the Air 2 is metal. That thing feels flimsy especially when you play sound and the entire thing vibrates.

Posted via the Android Central App

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately Best Buy is the only option if you want 32gb. Which also means no price matching... :(

I'm trying to hold off until they go on sale personally, but it's so hard to resist the temptation.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually picked up a Galaxy Tab S two days ago. I was coming from an iPad Air... I've had pretty much all the iPads except for the recent iPad Air 2. And I just wanted to try something different. I must say it's an awesome device... a powerful productivity device. If Android developers were to put more effort into creating tablet optimized apps... The Galaxy Tab S will definitely be a way better product.

As of now.. it's neck and neck.. customization with Galaxy Tab S vs tons of tablet optimization apps with iPad.

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't take a 16 gig iPad and the same goes for the tab s. ... therefore the tab s with expandable memory was an easy decision.