Why is my Samsung Galaxy Tab S loosing wifi when the Bluetooth is enabled?

Impayler

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab S loosing WIFI when Bluetooth enabled

Hello All,
I am desperate for help here, not getting anywhere so far with this issue!
When I enable Bluetooth my wifi connection starts dropping and I can NOT get online for a while. This is a serious problem. I changed the WiFi channel on my router to 1, 6, 11 but still having same issue. I called Samsung and they claimed not to see this issue before.
Anyone else who had this problem was able to fix this?

Thanks
V:'(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab S loosing WIFI when Bluetooth enabled

Samsung SHOULD know about this issue as I've reported it before, but OK...

The issue is SideSync. Just kill the app (or freeze it if you don't use it, although it IS useful, unfortunately) and your WiFi should work again with Bluetooth on.

Impayler

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

I did a factory reset and it solved the problem. I did not use Sidesync since the reset, so I am assuming I should not be using it...?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

You can use it, I still do. It just acts up sometimes, and when it does, a simple Force Stop makes the issue go away. But if you don't need SideSync, then yeah, why use it, right?

I do use it, so...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'll have a beer too then (not really, I prefer Bailey's hehe). I struggled with this for a while with the Note 10.1 2014 so I ended up getting the Tab S thinking it was a tablet issue. When it happened again, I almost went bald haha But then I noticed that for some reason SideSync was trying to connect to my Note 3 and that's when it hit me: what if SideSync is misbehaving? And yup, as soon as I 'killed it' on the tablet, WiFi was speedy and back to normal.

diyhunter

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Bluetooth has to be turned off to use my WIFI. My Galaxy Tab S 10.5 came with SideSync preinstalled and I can't find any way to disable it or remove it. I can disable/remove other apps but it won't let me for SideSync. Any ideas on how to get it removed?

Impayler

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
The funny thing is I called Samsung support and tried to escalate it. I got a call back today, stating that they have not seen this issue before. SUCH BS!!!!

jannxxxx

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
i have now reset to factory settings 4 times it works well for a while then not, back to loosing wi fi even if im right next to the wi fi, ????
:eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers