Grainy/Fuzzy Video & Image Quality

AASHAH

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi all;

I just bought Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. I have noticed that videos and images on my tab appear quite fuzzy or grainy compared to my iPad Mini Retina Display. Does anyone know how to fix this, or if its fixable at all? In addition, is this the standard quality of the tab or is mine a faulty piece?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You are directly comparing the exact same videos/photos on both devices and they appear poorly on the Tab S? You did no additional conversion or possibly compression to move them to the Tab S? These are actual FILES and not online images?

If Files, how did you transfer them to the Tab S?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine does this also.
I'll look at pictures on eBay and everything looks like crap while the same pictures look fine on everything else.
I don't know what the deal is.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine does this also.
I'll look at pictures on eBay and everything looks like crap while the same pictures look fine on everything else.
I don't know what the deal is.

Is it defaulting to a MOBILE version of the site where they may be sending reduced resolution images to cut down on the amount of data being transmitted???

AASHAH

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You are directly comparing the exact same videos/photos on both devices and they appear poorly on the Tab S?

Yes, I have compared 'same' videos and images 'directly' between the two said devices, and the images and videos on Tab S are more fuzzy/grainy on it then on iPad Mini RD. I have also compared the quality between Tab S and my MacBook Pro but I presume that would be unfair match?

F2 said:
You did no additional conversion or possibly compression to move them to the Tab S? These are actual FILES and not online images?

Yes, actual files, just as they are on my laptop (MacBook Pro). No conversion or compression.

F2 said:
If Files, how did you transfer them to the Tab S?

Through Samsung Kies.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never looked at Samsung Kies. I copied directly using Windows Explorer or putting the sdcard into a card reader on my computer and most recently using Airdroid (wifi) to copy files.

I would check to make sure that they are the full size/resolution files as on your other unit. My images and videos I've copied over - some vimeo timelapse video sequences are gorgeous. I guess you could visit Vimeo and see if videos looked poorly or not.

I guess you could have a bad unit. I have the Samsung ScreenSaver app and it runs incredibly bright and clear images - so if you can find that, it might help test the screen.

AASHAH

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I compared the video quality of my Tab S with someone else' Note Tab. The video and image quality on the two Tabs was same. I also played a 1080p video to check the quality and it came out pretty good. I guess Tab S doesn't like lesser resolution videos?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I compared the video quality of my Tab S with someone else' Note Tab. The video and image quality on the two Tabs was same. I also played a 1080p video to check the quality and it came out pretty good. I guess Tab S doesn't like lesser resolution videos?

Well, it sounds as if your tab is probably okay. Maybe lesser resolution videos show up poorly because the Tab S is very clear and shows the blurs/pixels in lesser resolutions???? And to be clear, I'm not trying to defend the Tab S if it is performing poorly, you'd want to know that.

You might visit

vimeo.com. I was viewing the BioLapse video. also check out Project Yosemite.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...p%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F87701971&token=WE4CeDkL

Since I'm having trouble with the way the link shows up (embedded), I'm trying to add a manual link

vimeo.com/87701971

I actually downloaded that video and moved it to the Tab S. I have to admit to a soft spot for Timelapse videos and have a slew of them I've collected. And Yosemite is my favorite National Park.

Last edited:

Lavender Blue

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem , i was just writing it when i seen you have , did you find a way to fix this, i transfer photo to snote and all blurry , when i look at pictures on ebay the first photo is burry on any one i click onto.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463