Hi all.
    I'm trying to download a large file to my 32gb micro SD card using utorrent.
    I keep getting "error no such file or directory utorrent". It just doesn't like downloading to the card and I have tried two different ones both are genuine and fast.
    If I choose the internal drive to store to it works.
    So something is not right with writing to the ext. card.

I have done the exact same scenario on my old Motorola Xoom and have no issues at all.

Any ideas what can be the problem with this new Samsung.

VERY FRUSTRATING
    11-24-2014 10:01 AM
    Hi all.
    I'm trying to download a large file to my 32gb micro SD card using utorrent.
    I keep getting "error no such file or directory utorrent". It just doesn't like downloading to the card and I have tried two different ones both are genuine and fast.
    If I choose the internal drive to store to it works.
    So something is not right with writing to the ext. card.

I have done the exact same scenario on my old Motorola Xoom and have no issues at all.

Any ideas what can be the problem with this new Samsung.

VERY FRUSTRATING
    I'm no Android OS expert but from what I've read, this new OS has some severe limitations on apps accessing a REAL sd card in the slot. Particularly, WRITING or changing data on the card. I think what you have to do is accept that limitation when downloading and then once completed, move the file to the sd card. I'm new to Android with this Tab S, so find this limitation odd but it is, what it is. I don't understand the reasoning - security???

There was a mapping program that I tested. The initial offline maps had to download to INTERNAL memory. They then gave instructions on how to manually move the map-files to the card. Some other app had similar instructions on moving after the initial install.
    11-24-2014 10:44 AM
    Yes, this is a well known issue with Kit Kat.
    There are many apps in the play store that will correct it.
    I used sdfix and it worked fine.

Note that this app and presumably all of the similar ones require root...
    11-24-2014 08:50 PM
    Yes, this is a well known issue with Kit Kat.
    There are many apps in the play store that will correct it.
    I used sdfix and it worked fine.

Note that this app and presumably all of the similar ones require root...
    How hard is ROOTING the Tab S? And I understand it voids the warranty? Although, I would guess if the TAB stops booting or similar, they won't know what OS you have or if it were ROOTED? Or does the damn Android system immediately call home and report your aberrant behavior? Can ROOTING be UNdone?
    11-24-2014 10:50 PM
    Very simple to gain root using ChainFire's auto-root program as discussed here:
    forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/general/cf-auto-root-chainfire-t2881826
    (Have to cut and paste, I can't hotlink stuff here yet apparently.)

Rooting WILL trigger the knox 'warranty void' flag.
    The status of this flag is clearly visible on the download (fastboot) screen and I'd assume samsung would check it immediately in the case of a warranty claim.
    Unless, as you say, the device won't boot at all.
    No one has figured out how to change the knox warranty flag bit yet afaik.

As for unrooting, I'm not entirely sure but one could probably do this by simply uninstalling SuperSU??
    Worst case, you could reflash the factory image, all of which are helpfully linked over at xda.
    This would put the tablet back in 'new out of the box' status (except for the warranty flag bit.)
    FF22 likes this.
    11-26-2014 03:14 PM