Nexus 9 or Samsung Tab S 10.4?

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I am sort of caught between a rock and a hard place here...I am wanting to get a Nexus 9, but after looking at the initial reviews on the Nexus 9, I am not to sure now.....I like the fact that the N9 comes with stock Android 5.0, but I have read that the build quality from HTC is not the greatest! Also many people have wrote about the light bleed on the screen......That being said, I see the Samsung tab s on sale right now, and all the reviews on this device are great! I have a Samsung galaxy S4 phone right now, and couldn't be happier, and was thinking for price and build, that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S may be the way to go...for $399 I can get the tablet, and also by an 32gb micro SD card and end up still with a little cheaper than the Nexus 9 32 GB......Any input?

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am sort of caught between a rock and a hard place here...I am wanting to get a Nexus 9, but after looking at the initial reviews on the Nexus 9, I am not to sure now.....I like the fact that the N9 comes with stock Android 5.0, but I have read that the build quality from HTC is not the greatest! Also many people have wrote about the light bleed on the screen......That being said, I see the Samsung tab s on sale right now, and all the reviews on this device are great! I have a Samsung galaxy S4 phone right now, and couldn't be happier, and was thinking for price and build, that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S may be the way to go...for $399 I can get the tablet, and also by an 32gb micro SD card and end up still with a little cheaper than the Nexus 9 32 GB......Any input?
I have the Samsung tablet and absolutely love it. Isn't the Nexus tablet 4:3? I am not sure if I could get used to that.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes the Nexus 9 has a different aspect ratio.....but that isn't a deal breaker as far as I am concerned. From What I've read, that it is not that annoying, and just takes a little get used to....Although I do watch a lot of Hulu and Netflix on the tablet....so the 16:9 would be better. Thanks for the feedback BTW.

HEMODroid

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert, but I have the Tab S and she-who-cooks has the Tab 4, Both are great. I took advantage of Samsungs Black Friday pricing on the Tab S and got it for $399. I bought my wife's Ta4 4 on Amazon. Did okay there but could have saved $20 if I'd waited for Black Friday pricing.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I did buy the Samsung Galaxy S 10.5, and I can't say that I am sorry at all! The display is absolutely beautiful, and even though touch wiz can be a little overwhelming, it doesn't seem to get in the way all that much! I find the tab very responsive, and am just finding my way around the interface....Even though I have the Samsung Galaxy S4, it is a little different with the features......Thanks again for the input everybody!

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Just a little update.....having the Samsung Tab S for just a few days, all I can say is that I am completely blown away, at both performance as well as features! Having owned various tablets from the iPad to the Nexus 7, I very to say that all around this is the best experience I have had on a tablet! ..... if the Tab S has one draw back to me it would be the soft buttons that seem to sometimes get in the way, but as I use it more, I am getting a little more used to my hand placement....Also was wondering if anybody could tell me how much of a performance hit I will take by enabling the power saving mode......right now I have it set to save power, but with the color still being used....I don't seem to see a major hit in performance, but maybe someone could tell me their take on it......Also one of the best features I have found is the sidesync feature to where it mirrors my Samsung Galaxy S4......very cool indeed!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084