I am sort of caught between a rock and a hard place here...I am wanting to get a Nexus 9, but after looking at the initial reviews on the Nexus 9, I am not to sure now.....I like the fact that the N9 comes with stock Android 5.0, but I have read that the build quality from HTC is not the greatest! Also many people have wrote about the light bleed on the screen......That being said, I see the Samsung tab s on sale right now, and all the reviews on this device are great! I have a Samsung galaxy S4 phone right now, and couldn't be happier, and was thinking for price and build, that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S may be the way to go...for $399 I can get the tablet, and also by an 32gb micro SD card and end up still with a little cheaper than the Nexus 9 32 GB......Any input?
    11-28-2014 06:42 AM
    I am sort of caught between a rock and a hard place here...I am wanting to get a Nexus 9, but after looking at the initial reviews on the Nexus 9, I am not to sure now.....I like the fact that the N9 comes with stock Android 5.0, but I have read that the build quality from HTC is not the greatest! Also many people have wrote about the light bleed on the screen......That being said, I see the Samsung tab s on sale right now, and all the reviews on this device are great! I have a Samsung galaxy S4 phone right now, and couldn't be happier, and was thinking for price and build, that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S may be the way to go...for $399 I can get the tablet, and also by an 32gb micro SD card and end up still with a little cheaper than the Nexus 9 32 GB......Any input?
    I have the Samsung tablet and absolutely love it. Isn't the Nexus tablet 4:3? I am not sure if I could get used to that.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    11-28-2014 07:49 AM
    Yes the Nexus 9 has a different aspect ratio.....but that isn't a deal breaker as far as I am concerned. From What I've read, that it is not that annoying, and just takes a little get used to....Although I do watch a lot of Hulu and Netflix on the tablet....so the 16:9 would be better. Thanks for the feedback BTW.
    11-28-2014 09:27 AM
    I'm no expert, but I have the Tab S and she-who-cooks has the Tab 4, Both are great. I took advantage of Samsungs Black Friday pricing on the Tab S and got it for $399. I bought my wife's Ta4 4 on Amazon. Did okay there but could have saved $20 if I'd waited for Black Friday pricing.
    11-28-2014 10:32 AM
    Well I did buy the Samsung Galaxy S 10.5, and I can't say that I am sorry at all! The display is absolutely beautiful, and even though touch wiz can be a little overwhelming, it doesn't seem to get in the way all that much! I find the tab very responsive, and am just finding my way around the interface....Even though I have the Samsung Galaxy S4, it is a little different with the features......Thanks again for the input everybody!
    11-29-2014 10:43 AM
    Just a little update.....having the Samsung Tab S for just a few days, all I can say is that I am completely blown away, at both performance as well as features! Having owned various tablets from the iPad to the Nexus 7, I very to say that all around this is the best experience I have had on a tablet! ..... if the Tab S has one draw back to me it would be the soft buttons that seem to sometimes get in the way, but as I use it more, I am getting a little more used to my hand placement....Also was wondering if anybody could tell me how much of a performance hit I will take by enabling the power saving mode......right now I have it set to save power, but with the color still being used....I don't seem to see a major hit in performance, but maybe someone could tell me their take on it......Also one of the best features I have found is the sidesync feature to where it mirrors my Samsung Galaxy S4......very cool indeed!

Posted via the Android Central App
    FF22, Tahoe916 and mnor like this.
    11-30-2014 10:28 AM