Why aren't my app icons showing up after installed?

Anna Foreman

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: app icons not showing up after install

My apps I downloaded are not showing up on my icons anymore but they are still showing installed. How do I get them back

Aram Denian

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Well I am having the same problem I can tell you it is not stupid issue it is really bug that happens for me as many other on this form I see it starts randomly when you mess with something on your phone, any time you install a new app on your phone it dose not show up in the app drawer at all however you can access the app through the app store and try uninstalling and installing it again though no use, I believe this bug dose have to do with system think that all your new apps are system and not their own third party apps.

Phone and system info:
Motorola nexus 6
Android 7

How it started for me:
When enabling developer mode and messing around with and installing and running Activity Launcher, I did reset all the developer mode options and I did uninstall Activity Launcher, though non of that helped.

I am still trying new thing to fix it till now I know I believe this bug with the new system update, but other than that I have no clue till other people tells us what they did so we can find the common action that would cause this bug.

Beliketomi

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site

One last thing to check before you go to the trouble of a reset: When you are in the Google Play store, look at one of the apps you've installed. Does the screen have two boxes for Uninstall and Open ? When you press Open, what happens?

I have this issue. I can't find my app on my phone after going through all the process you mentioned. I went t playstore, and I saw only one box which is uninstall, it doesn't have open. Pls help. What can be done?

woodyk

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

Hey, I have been fighting this problem for two weeks. Just found my fix!! Hard to believe, but if you go to your main home page, then go to the next home page, then click the three dots for menu, click on "edit"... one option is to "show or hide". Make sure all your pages are on SHOW.... I was missing several shortcuts, they were on a "home page" that somehow I had "hidden". I know this sounds too simple, but it totally was my problem.

I had uninstalled, reinstalled, several programs, several times, no luck. There would be a brief message saying shortcut existed, but I could not find it at all.

Can't even remember exactly how I stumbled on it, but as they say, even a blind hog can find an acorn sometimes...

1, go to your home page. 2, scroll to next home page. 3, touch the three dots on top right corner. 4, click "edit". 5, make sure it is on "show". 6, scroll through all of your home pages, make sure they are all on "show". All my missing shortcuts were on the page I had "hidden", somehow..

Good Luck. Hope this helps someone. Woody

anon(8739019)

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem. Before upgrading to ver 8 when I installed an app a icon shortcut appeared on the desktop, after the upgrade it wont

Conrad Braam

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
updated my S7 to 8.0 yesterday.
Some installed apps do not appear on the home screens and do NOT appear in the apps drawer.
Basically a bunch of apps are not appearing - re-installing the apps DOES NOT fix it.
How is that not a defect?

Conrad Braam

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
thanks to Shamsaalmaidoor If you have a Samsung, try this:
-open game launcher
-update it
-go into settings
-turn off
"Hide games on Home and apps"

How the heck did sammy change this setting without telling people???

mtl2la

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
Conrad, I've tried that and still the ONLY 2 games I have installed on my Samsung Galaxy S3 tablet aren't shown in my app drawer. Just in the game launcher app. Any other suggestions anyone? Wish I hadn't installed the update.

Promytius

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site

Hey, I have been fighting this problem for two weeks. Just found my fix!! Hard to believe, but if you go to your main home page, then go to the next home page, then click the three dots for menu, click on "edit"... one option is to "show or hide". Make sure all your pages are on SHOW.... I was missing several shortcuts, they were on a "home page" that somehow I had "hidden". I know this sounds too simple, but it totally was my problem.

I had uninstalled, reinstalled, several programs, several times, no luck. There would be a brief message saying shortcut existed, but I could not find it at all.

Can't even remember exactly how I stumbled on it, but as they say, even a blind hog can find an acorn sometimes...

1, go to your home page. 2, scroll to next home page. 3, touch the three dots on top right corner. 4, click "edit". 5, make sure it is on "show". 6, scroll through all of your home pages, make sure they are all on "show". All my missing shortcuts were on the page I had "hidden", somehow..

Good Luck. Hope this helps someone. Woody

S9plus user - in easy mode Google Photos !!! Has no icon, can only access by going online in browser!
Any thoughts?

Akedia 1

Mar 3, 2019
Visit site

We just bought a S5 and everything looks good. But when we just installed a couple of weather apps the icons did not show up. On the install it said it was creating an icon. If we go to Play Store the app is there running. But no icons. We installed other apps earlier today and they have icons. We are probably doing something wrong as we are new to this.

TIA for any help.

I have the same problem and some of the apps appear in games folder

soho88

May 1, 2019
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e. I installed many apps, restored them from a previous device. None of the apps show up in the Play app in the installed apps area. However, the apps are in fact installed and in the app drawer. You can't see them in Play, you can't see them in the updates area either. So there's something funky. No software updates for the device yet either. [I haven't looked yet to see if the apps are showing up in Games.]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463