Galaxy Tab S 10.5: Apps crashing constantly

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My 10' always has apps crashing; usually running in the backround, not in use. None of my other Androids has this problem. Is this just because it is the 16 bit or something else?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Any particular apps? Mine is working just fine except for AT&T Uverse, which crashes randomly or when trying to search for something, but that's a bug on the App, not the tablet per se.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is weird. Have you tried a factory reset? I know it's not the greatest solution ever, but I don't know what else could be wrong.

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have no crashes ever. My guess is you have an app or malware which runs in the background and is making the system unstable. I'd start uninstalling things slowly, or reset like spookdroid said, and dont install too much at once so you'll know the culprit.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you suspect it's an app, then you might want to run Safe Mode first before resetting the tablet.
Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy Tab S | Verizon Wireless

What this does is just run stock apps at boot. No 3rd parties are allowed to run automatically, but once you open an app, it will run normally and stay in the background if that's what it does. That way you can test your apps one by one. For instance, if Kindle crashes a lot, then test Kindle first. If it doesn't crash, then you know it's an app issue. If it does, then it's a system issue.

theravindra

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I was having similar issues with my tab s

It turns out that the problem was caused by the cover I was using

The magnet in the cover for auto sleep was interfering with the operation of the tab... I changed to a cover made by Samsung for the tab s and the problems resolved by itself...

If you are also using a 3rd party flip stand cover, take it off and see if the problems are resolved...

Just putting in my two cents
:)

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That is a good point... Some covers tend to have the magnet in the wrong place or with more power than what the tablet can stand without malfunctioning. On the Note 10.1 2014 some covers were known to interfere with the top of the screen so you couldn't draw the notification bar down, and the S-Pen would act up as well.