Hello, I spent a couple of hours scouring the forums for a solution but couldnt find one, so here I am.

The issue: began few days ago. First at home I am unable to connect to my 5ghz network to which I was previously able to. I attempt to connect it authenticates and obtains IP successfully. Then after a second it disconnects. I cant even forget the the network as it is not remembered.
    I have a nice dual band router and I am able to connect to the 2.4ghz network on the same router without issue.

However now the 5ghz issue is happening at work and at my gf's place. Where the routers arent even 5ghz. The device was working properly with these rourers in the past as well.

What I've tried so far:

Disabling the smart switch checkbox
    Uninstalling side sync
    disabling bluetooth (i dont use it much anyway)
    restarting the device
    Read trough all the generic wifi troubleshooting tutorials.

My next possible step is backing up and going to factory defaults. Wanted to check for help here first though.
    12-23-2014 04:00 PM
    Find either an old router (like a Linksys WRT54 or 54G, nothing newer, or a D-Link DI-614, or something of that era). See if it connects. For some reason, since 4.4, phones have been having a problem connecting to wifi that uses TKIP encryption - and most routers were set up with AES+TKIP.
    12-23-2014 04:56 PM
    How's he supposed to downgrade his router at work and others that are not his?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2014 05:26 PM
    Did you find a solution? I am having a similar problem.

Before I went on vacation, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 was able to connect to my home network wifi without any issues. While I was on vacation, the tablet connected to the hotel's network without any problems.

However, upon returning home, the table refuses to remember the wifi password or stay connected to the network.

The tablet will ask for the password, connect to the network, obtain an IP address, and immediately disconnect.

Two laptops, two phones, an older ASUS tablet, a Roku, and a Chromecast are all connecting to the network without issues.
    01-03-2015 01:23 PM
    Did you find a solution? I am having a similar problem.

Before I went on vacation, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 was able to connect to my home network wifi without any issues. While I was on vacation, the tablet connected to the hotel's network without any problems.

However, upon returning home, the table refuses to remember the wifi password or stay connected to the network.

The tablet will ask for the password, connect to the network, obtain an IP address, and immediately disconnect.

Two laptops, two phones, an older ASUS tablet, a Roku, and a Chromecast are all connecting to the network without issues.
    Remove or Delete that Saved Home Wifi and try adding it again unless you've already tried that.
    01-03-2015 07:13 PM