Smart Lock on my wi-fi only Tab S 10.5 not working

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to set up Smart Lock on my wi-fi only Tab S 10.5 running Lollipop 5.0.2, but it's just not working. I know how to set it up because I set it up earlier tonight on my Galaxy Note 4 phone, and it works as advertised there, I using my home as the trusted location. So, I went through the same setup steps on my Tab S, but every time I lock the device, I still have to unlock it with my fingerprint. On my Note 4, I just have to swipe the lock screen when I'm home. But the Tab S isn't allowing that. I also tried changing the screen security from fingerprint to PIN, but Smart Lock doesn't bypass that either.

Has anybody been through the same thing setting up Smart Lock on their Tab S 10.5? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Smart Lock seems to be generally buggy, not just on your device. My Nexus 5 running 5.1 never seems to pay attention to my Smart Lock settings.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am curious - is Smart Lock an inherent feature of the new OS or Samsung devices or a 3rd party application? Although from the sounds of it, it probably won't work on my Tab S in any event.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Smart Lock seems to be generally buggy, not just on your device. My Nexus 5 running 5.1 never seems to pay attention to my Smart Lock settings.

It's odd because it works great on my Verizon Note 4 phone. I expected it to work just as well on my Tab S, so I'm quite disappointed that it doesn't work at all.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I am curious - is Smart Lock an inherent feature of the new OS or Samsung devices or a 3rd party application? Although from the sounds of it, it probably won't work on my Tab S in any event.

It's a feature built into Lollipop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Smart Lock suddenly started working on my Nexus 5 again--not sure what prompted it. I wonder if there was a Google Play Services update in the background that fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar