Dealing with 5.0.2 update

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
My tablet downloaded and installed the 5.0.2 update. Build LRX22G on the US wifi version.

Since then it has seemed quite laggy. Nothing is pegging the cpu, power drain seems normal, but apps seem to launch a bit slowly. The two main apps I use on the device are K9 for email and Greader for reading RSS feeds. Both are a bit sluggish at least part of the time. Greader sometimes doesn't display the whole article, there is a vertical line where it stops.

I've cleared cache both from settings and done a cache partition wipe.

I'm not sure if a factory reset would likely solve the problem or is it just that 5.0.2 needs an update to be reliable.

Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
5.0.2 needs to be updated to 5.1 (so you have to waiit until that's available), but a factory reset might help. (Back up everything first, though - you'll lose all your apps, data, pictures, etc.)

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Would you say that 5.0.2 is "buggy" on the Tab S? I thought that most of the discussions here were fairly positive about it. Since I won’t root this device, how would you suggest I go about backing up? Will the Google backup stuff that normally runs bring back my folders on the "desktop" I've created with the Samsung launcher?

Any idea if 5.1 is going to come for real, and soon?