How to open onscreen keyboard (when no text entry is generally required in an app)

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was just using Ghost Commander. You can add a Folder to your FAVORITES by pressing the * (asterisk key). But I could not figure out how to open/invoke the onscreen keyboard? A quick look online found that it obviously opens if there's a Text Field that needs and entry. But is there any other way of opening the keyboard. I did solve my problem by turning on my Logitech BT keyboard. But now I'd like to know if there's a way to just open it. (on my BB phone I can swipe up from the bottom bezel to open the keyboard at any time.)

Thanks.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, no one knows if you can invoke the on-screen keyboard at any time? Or there is no way to summon the keyboard unless there is a field where text can be entered?

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there's an option to have the keyboard pop up whenever you want it to without having an active text field, at least not with the stock one. I remember reading somewhere that a third party keyboard app like Hacker's keyboard can do that, but I haven't tried it myself and don't know what it's like.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's an option to have the keyboard pop up whenever you want it to without having an active text field, at least not with the stock one. I remember reading somewhere that a third party keyboard app like Hacker's keyboard can do that, but I haven't tried it myself and don't know what it's like.

And, yes, Hacker's Keyboard can be opened even when NO text input is generally required. I don't know if I will need this often but now I know it exists. Thanks.

Ponso00

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
And, yes, Hacker's Keyboard can be opened even when NO text input is generally required. I don't know if I will need this often but now I know it exists. Thanks.

I got Hacker's Keyboard. But how do turn it so the keyboard will always be visible?

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I found this post trying to solve the same problem. I was renaming a folder on my home screen using Pixel 2 with the side-loaded BlackBerry keyboard when the physical keyboard shortcuts popped up! Now I think if there was a way to summon the keyboard I could use physical keyboard shortcuts on my software keyboard. That would be sweet!

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel 2

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I open a folder to rename it. Pressed and held the ?123 button for ctrl...
e529bbc9b142aa588d768c9ac8dedf81.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey