My Traditional Chinese Input (倉頡) stopped working, how can I get it working again?

A

AC Question

My Traditional Chinese Input (倉頡) stopped working

I have 2 Samsung devices, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" and Samsung S3 mini, and they are both experiencing the same issue.

Background: There is a traditional Chinese IM built in, called cangjie (倉頡). Each Chinese character can be broken down into radicals, which are mapped onto the keyboard. In "quick" mode, I should be able to type in the first and last radical, and the IM would give me a list of all characters starting and ending in those radicals and I just choose the one I want.

Problem: When using Samsung's built in Cangjie Chinese IM, when I type in my radicals, it doesn't register as me giving it 2 radicals to identify a word. Instead, it thinks I'm giving it the first radical to 2 different words. For example, if I type "人" and "火" in quick mode, I expect "伙, 你, 係, 偽" etc. But instead, I get "伙, 停火, 人類, 人幣" etc.

At least on my tablet, it works when I first bought it, but stopped working within 1/2 an hour. In between, I downloaded Skype, took a few pictures, and turned off and on my device once.

Already tried: restarting device, restarting in Safe Mode, resetting language settings.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke