New batt installed screen stays dark

yomammaaho

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
First...I turned the tablet off. Then dissasembled and replaced batt.
I can hear the batt chgr plug in beeps...but the screen is dark.
My eyes are'nt that good so maybe I did'nt get the ribbon plug/s in correctly?
And upon putting the back together to try out new batt, I realized I forgot to remove my sd card. Had to remove it in order to reassemble.....would I lose the data?
Any other reason I would'nt have any screen?
I HATE using my old Nook HD+

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You probably should not lose data although it the card was being "written to" when removed it might get bunged up but probably not.

But it does sound like you either missed fully plugging in the ribbon cable or hopefully not, broke or torn a contact point.

Good luc,

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
When plugged in, press the HOME button you should see the green battery icon flashing, indicating it's charging.
If the screen is still black, probably your LCD cable has a loose connection. The black screen with sound of stating when tablet is on will tell you it's loose LCD cable . Assume you did not have a black screen before replacing the battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnUEMyDs27I

Watch this video, you can see the LCD cable is on the right side. When reconnected, the line on cable should be aligned with the line on main board, otherwise you do not fully insert the cable.

yomammaaho

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I checked the ribbon cables....but will check again as you say shortly.
I already ordered another of the few remaining new Tab S's......as I'm not thrilled with the aspect ratio or smaller battery of the new Tab S2 9.7.
I think Samsung screwed up trying to copy ipad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan