latest Samsung Update

mitchellboy37

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
This morning, I had a new Samsung update pushed to my tablet. When it was installing, the little green android man was displayed. It took about 10 minutes to install, and then checked all my apps. it did a couple of reboots during this process. i thought ( and hopefully expected ) it was installing Android 6.0. when it finished, I checked the version I had and it was still version 5.2. When I tried to run some of my apps. they would not run. i had to uninstall them, and then reinstall them to make them work. Does anyone know what this last Samsung software update was? Any information on it? thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this a wi-fi only Tab S, or an LTE-enabled device from a carrier?

I don't think there's an Android 5.2. Is it 5.0.2?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got presumably the same OTA update to my WiFi Tab S 10.5." Android 5.0.2 both before and after the update. I haven't noticed any apps not working yet.

mitchellboy37

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for your reply. Interestingly enough, after the installation there was an added message suggesting to check your apps. for compatability.

BruceCk

May 25, 2014
Visit site
All OK on mine, it actually seemed to free up some space. I just ran the new Smart manager app, and that freed up more.

Last edited:

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Weird question, but can they add fast charging through an Ota?
In charging my Tab s with my note 4 charger (adaptive fast charger) and it charged soooo fast. It was definitely different. Seems to have happened with the latest update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek