Marshmallow 6.0 coming in April 2016 to the Tab S 10.5!

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
We have proof that it has been approved and is coming out in April! Good news for us Tab S owners!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6450.jpg
    6450.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 278

Mal Lignant Tumor

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. Except, the day after it is released, everybody will be wondering when they will release 6.1☺

Or, when are they going to release Android 7 for my Samsung xxxx?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Way too long for an update, considering it doesn't even have 5.1.1 yet. I'm most likely going to be dropping this tablet if the reviews of the Pixel C are good.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm content with mine so I'll wait for it. Samsung pretty much never speedily updates their tablets in my experience, but at least they eventually get updated.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm content with mine so I'll wait for it. Samsung pretty much never speedily updates their tablets in my experience, but at least they eventually get updated.

Exactly.. And if it ain't broke don't fix it. Waiting is ok if it works fine now, the app optimization that came with the last update for the Tab s is kind of like Doze too 😆

jnadke

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Any idea of what advantage this update might have?

Doze. Though that's not quite as a big deal since Wifi power drain < LTE power drain.

More importantly, SD as native storage if you have a 16gb model. Get a fast Samsung EVO+ card and you can use the 64gb seamlessly for Apps (without APPS2SD).

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Even with what the OP posted, that may not be correct. I contacted Samsung through Twitter, and they responded:

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Even with what the OP posted, that may not be correct. I contacted Samsung through Twitter, and they responded:

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if they're even going to release it for this tablet. I'm thinking they might only have marshmallow for the S2 and beyond

charleswlee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I flashed marshmallow from a custom ROM on XDA and it was prey great except the camera isn't working yet. I tried an OTA update and got stuck with Google Play Services errors. I had to go back to CM 12.1 but an eagerly awaiting an official release.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
April is here, are we gonna get 6.0/6.0.1???

Thoughts?

It's still just the ending the first week of April. Historically the "month" has just been a guide. It may be a few more months before it lands on the wifi only versions.

If you've got a carrier 4g/LTE version, I wouldn't even hold your breath on an update at all.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It's still just the ending the first week of April. Historically the "month" has just been a guide. It may be a few more months before it lands on the wifi only versions.

If you've got a carrier 4g/LTE version, I wouldn't even hold your breath on an update at all.

I was thinking about the exact same thing 😁

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So, April has come and gone. Did anyone get the update?

Nothing on my WiFi only version.

I am on the verge of assuming that Samsung is now pulling the old Sony/Sony Ericsson, where if you wanted the new firmware, they told you to buy the newer model(s).