Bluetooth keyboard problem

Babs2

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S 10.5 running vers 5.0.2. Every time I boot up my tablet I have to input a different code so the keyboard is recognised. Am i missing something or is the OS or soft keyboard blocking the BT device?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What brand and model is the keyboard? If it's a cheap no-name or off-brand device, it might be a hardware issue. Bluetooth devices should be remembered by the phone once you pair them, and you shouldn't have to re-pair them each time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh well. The brand really does matter. A while ago, I got a cheap Targus BT keyboard from Groupon or some place like that, and the problem with that keyboard was that after connecting to my tablet, if you didn't type anything for about 5 seconds, it would go into some kind of sleep mode. If you then typed something else, it would take about a half second to wake up, which would then contribute to repeated letters or skipped letters. An older Acer BT keyboard I used to have never did this.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not had any similar problems with the Logitech keyboard/case combo I use with my Tab S.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried UNpairing or removing the keyboard and then re-establishing the link again?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The tablet finds the BT keyboard ok but i have to enter a different passcode each time, this isn't right is it?

Generally speaking, no.

The Keyboard should have an identifier that never changes, similar to the MAC address that your wifi or ethernet has. The tablet should see this number and remember the keyboard, and it should "just work" when you turn the tablet and keyboard on in range of each other.

Some cheap manufacturers don't have hard coded mac's so your tablet may be seeing the keyboard as a different one each time you turn it on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante