Will adhesive vinyl stick to the Tab S 10.5 ?

Thorhammer67

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
You know how the S 10.5 has the little squares on it, its not 100% flat, well I wanted to print a custom sticker on adhesive vinyl. Curious if the squares will look funky or anything, I guess a thicker vinyl will make it better .. worst case I will need to pop the squares with a needle ? or is this unnecessary ?

Anyone with any experience making stickers go onto this tablet ?

Thanks in advance..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you mean the dot pattern on the backplate, it does show up a bit on the vinyl. But the one sticker I had didn't really stick for that long. I'm guessing the back has some sort of oleophobic coating or just the material is too smooth for normal adhesive to stick.

You can try a small section and see how it looks for you. It's not VERY noticeable, but it is visible since the dots are recessed, so the vinyl wouldn't be touching anything and sometimes that causes the stretch to be different between the flat and the recessed areas (and the vinyl might cave in a bit in the dots, which is why it's noticeable).

Thorhammer67

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice,

I think I might try 2-3 smaller stickers (like band logos) and use a really fine needle to pop all the squares, the holes wont really be noticeable as long as I dont do white.. I think this is why yours peeled off, eventually air creeps in from those squares; Ill post pics later when I get it on

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine peeled off from the edges and almost right away (granted, it was a crappy sticker I got from work, but still). The back is just smooth hehe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800