Galaxy Tab S 10.5 won't charge all the way

yomammaaho

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's the cable, trust me.
The quuckest solution is to go to Walmart and buy a Samsung 2A charger kit.....and just use the cable.
These were selling recently for around $7. DON'T buy the cheap dollar store cables....they can't carry enough current and would be no better than what you have now.
Yes...cables (and their plugs) wear out.
Samsung and others fail to make this clear.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's the cable, trust me.
The quuckest solution is to go to Walmart and buy a Samsung 2A charger kit.....and just use the cable.
These were selling recently for around $7. DON'T buy the cheap dollar store cables....they can't carry enough current and would be no better than what you have now.
Yes...cables (and their plugs) wear out.
Samsung and others fail to make this clear.

This is definately worth a shot, however if the new 2A charger and cable don't help, and it still won't charge past 35%, it could well be the battery has failed. There are several cells within the battery, and if any of them fail, that portion of the "total power" won't be available. The only recourse would be to find a replacement battery, which may not be easy given the age of the TabS, and the fact that the battery isn't "user replaceable".

yomammaaho

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just an fyi.......The Walmart 2A charger/cable (that WAS made by Samsung.....but for a phone i believe)......the charger itself would indicate per the tablet that the "charger was incorrect". So I didn't use this charger.
But the heavier 2A cable solved my problem.
This is the THIRD Samsung charger cable that has worn out on me.
I believe the tiny metal contacts in the cable plug are sacrificial and simply are designed to wear out, rather than to wear out your tablet socket metal contacts first.

ctcfirearms

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

yomammaaho

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried to replace the batt on my first Tab S.....but bricked it. It doesn't seem to want to turn on again.....and that tablet was only 7 months old.
Then I bought another Tab S and when it started doing the same thing the first one did, that's when I realized the charging problem was actually with the 2A cable wearing out. Like I said.....I'm on my 3rd cable.
Yes....the batt will eventually wear out, but I'd try a QUALITY charging replacement cable first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781