First off, none of the usual Galaxy transfer apps seem to be able to do this. I have a older Tab S 10.1 which I am about to upgrade to a newer Galaxy tab (maybe a TabA 10.1).
    I have a large number of foldes containing standard google apps or other are groups for fabrites from online searches that touche the 3 little dot on Chrome's top right hand side & then created a folder for those favorites eg one titled CTC Wishlist.
    Is it possible to transfer these to a new tablet? I don't want to have to take the folders apart them transfer to Chrome favorites, an then transfer each individual favorite back to desktop on the new tab & followed by re-creating new folders. Thank-you so very much for your time ladies & gentlemen from a senior oldbroad with very good "electronics" knowledge. I am neither a luddite nor IT techbut I hold my own for an oldbroad
    03-01-2018 02:10 PM
    Folders on the homescreen are an artifact, they don't actually exist, so you can't. Just transfer all the apps to the second tab, then drag them, one by one, to the homescreen, merging them into a folder.

One shortcut you could use is to install Nova Launcher, tell it to take its data from the existing launcher (probably TouchWiz), then back it up. Transfer the backup file to the second tab, install Nova and restore from the backup (after you've installed the apps - what's on the homescreen is just shortcuts - if you restore first, you'll have little "Andys" and have to do it all manually anyway, and delete the Andys]). (I don't think you can tell TouchWiz to set itself up from another launcher - you'll have to keep Nova as the launcher. Which probably won't be a problem. I haven't used TouchWiz since about Eclair - the first thing I do on a new phone is install Nova. Play around in the settings and you'll see why.)
    03-01-2018 04:29 PM