SD card help

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys I need help in finding the best sd card when I purchase this tablet s. I'm selling my ipad mini retina cause I didnt like viewing movies on my mini. Whats the best 64GB card I can get? Also is it easy to put movies onto the sd card from my computer to view on tablet? And what app is best for playing all my movie files?

EDIT : Sorry what I meant was is putting a movie file onto an sd card to watch it on the tablet easy or is there steps to go through to make it work?

Thanks in advance

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
It's very simple I recommend the new EVO line of Samsung sd cards. 64 gb right now is 89.99 at BBY. Movie and file dragging is really easy, just put the micro card in adapter it comes with and put that in your computer. Then like USB drive just drag and drop file you want. Welcome to the Galaxy Fam

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's very simple I recommend the new EVO line of Samsung sd cards. 64 gb right now is 89.99 at BBY. Movie and file dragging is really easy, just put the micro card in adapter it comes with and put that in your computer. Then like USB drive just drag and drop file you want. Welcome to the Galaxy Fam

Why pay $90 when it is cheaper on Amazon $42 on there

Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB PRO Micro SDXC with Adapter Upto 90MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MG64DA/AM): Computers & Accessories

That one is the Pro which is better at $75

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The read and write speeds are higher on the pro version. If you can afford it the pros better imo but Evo is fine

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I see two different samsung pro 64gb cards on amazon care to show me which one I should get. I see one with grey and black and the other all black but I dont know which to get.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The one i linked above is the pro version you want ( Newest)

Guess what it got a price decrease as well ... Now is $55 dollars

Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB PRO Micro SDXC with Adapter Upto 90MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MG64DA/AM): Computers & Accessories

Cool thanks im gonna buy this card. Also I want to ask is putting movies onto the sd card and watching it on the tablet very easy with the new kit kat regulations or do I have to do some work arounds? I've never had a sd card android device before but pretty much I'm mostly using it to store lots of movies to watch.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks im gonna buy this card. Also I want to ask is putting movies onto the sd card and watching it on the tablet very easy with the new kit kat regulations or do I have to do some work arounds? I've never had a sd card android device before but pretty much I'm mostly using it to store lots of movies to watch.

Which app are you going to use? My phone is the Galaxy note 3 and Google movies asks you if you want to store it on your SD or internal storage. Vudu doesn't ask but if you have one in it will store it on the SD card as well.

The problem with Kit Kat isn't that it (Android) isn't allowed to write and read stuff onto the SD card but more of they restrict it more so it is more secure. This is just me trying to explain it unscientifically if you Take an app like Microsoft word. It can't just read and write onto the SD card any more and needs it's own folder. At least thats what i understand from it. I would look elsewhere if you want a better explanation :)

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
why only 64GB?

I bought the Sansidk 128GB MicroSDXC from Amazon about two weeks ago when it was on sale for $99. (ships and sold directly from Amazon.com, LLC)

The card is currently inside my Galaxy S5. It works beautifully. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to fill it up completely. (well, there is only 570MB left on the 128GB card) :(

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
why only 64GB?

I bought the Sansidk 128GB MicroSDXC from Amazon about two weeks ago when it was on sale for $99. (ships and sold directly from Amazon.com, LLC)

The card is currently inside my Galaxy S5. It works beautifully. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to fill it up completely. (well, there is only 570MB left on the 128GB card) :(
The read write speeds on the Samsung pro and I think Evo as well are much better then the SanDisk 128gb card. If you know you don't need that much the performance might be worth getting the Samsung 64 over the 128

Given the limitations of kit Kat it's only use is content storage like music and movies and depending on library size and quality 64 can be good enough

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Given the limitations of kit Kat it's only use is content storage like music and movies and depending on library size and quality 64 can be good enough

So if I wanted to move a big Android game to the SD card, I wouldn't be able to? That's a major concern considering the tablets only come with 16gb internal.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So if I wanted to move a big Android game to the SD card, I wouldn't be able to? That's a major concern considering the tablets only come with 16gb internal.

On my phone I have seen some games put the highest of 61MB's onto my SD card on my note 3.

This isn't a fault of Samsung ( well yes they could add a 32GB option and not make it a bestbuy exclusive but besides the point) but of Google trying to make Android more secure.