Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Planning to buy Tab S 8.4 also a memory Card. But up to what class can it support? Can Tab S 8.4 support UHS-1 U-1 types of memory card? or just stick to UHS-1 Class 10?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So don't buy Class U-1? Currently in bestbuy U-1 is on sale for 35$ and Class 10 is 25$ I can stretch some 10 dollar to have a faster SD card but it's non sense if the tablet can't use all that speed.

Considering Samsung themselves is offering UHS-I Grade1, Class 10 on both the Pro and Evo line of their own Micro SD cards I would assume they would make Tablets that utilize them... Honestly I am considering buying another Samsung Pro 64GB Micro SD card to go along with my note 3 since i have an old SanDisck one with is the ultra series i believe with only 38 Mb's read speeds.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Considering Samsung themselves is offering UHS-I Grade1, Class 10 on both the Pro and Evo line of their own Micro SD cards I would assume they would make Tablets that utilize them... Honestly I am considering buying another Samsung Pro 64GB Micro SD card to go along with my note 3 since i have an old SanDisck one with is the ultra series i believe with only 38 Mb's read speeds.

Sorry forgot to mention that those memory cards are Sandisk. Both 32gb, 35$ is Extreme Pro while 25$ is Ultra.

vikram shah

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
can anybody confirm what the max micro sd card size i can use in the tab s 8.4? 128gb or 64gb? And im guessing class 10 should be ok....?

Sent using tapatalk on Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
This is a slightly different situation. I have tried both ScanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 (64GB) & ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 (64GB) on my Tab S 8.4 (T700). My observation so far:

1. I copied some movie files into my ScanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 (64GB). I can easily transfer any files from the SD card to the phone memory & vice versa without using the USB cable. I can also easily delete any files in the SD card without using the USB cable.

2. However, as for the ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 (64GB) it's a different case, I can't transfer any files. Neither can I delete any files without using the USB cable! :( The only way to transfer & delete files in the SD card is by using a USB cable tru my laptop. This is very annoying & inconvenient.

Has anyone encountered similar situation?

Last edited:

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
This is a slightly different situation. I have tried both ScanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 (64GB) & ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 (64GB) on my Tab S 8.4 (T700). My observation so far:

1. I copied some movie files into my ScanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 (64GB). I can easily transfer any files from the SD card to the phone memory & vice versa without using the USB cable. I can also easily delete any files in the SD card without using the USB cable.

2. However, as for the ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 (64GB) it's a different case, I can't transfer any files. Neither can I delete any files without using the USB cable! :( The only way to transfer & delete files in the SD card is by using a USB cable tru my laptop. This is very annoying & inconvenient.

Haven't experienced this. Sorry.

alw83167

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

alw83167

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

I installed a SanDisk 128gb. Can't remember the specifics. I am having major problems accessing files. One minute they are there, and the next time they aren't. When I first got it, I moved apps to my SD drive. They were running smoothly, no problems. Then I turned it off, and the next time I turned it back on, my apps weren't accessible! Grrr!
Yesterday, in my Gallery app, my download SD folder was duplicated 40 times! I freaked. I shut it down. My card is fairly new and works with other devices, with absolutely no problem. Sorry for the long post.

Uber Fab

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I installed a SanDisk 128gb. Can't remember the specifics. I am having major problems accessing files. One minute they are there, and the next time they aren't. When I first got it, I moved apps to my SD drive. They were running smoothly, no problems. Then I turned it off, and the next time I turned it back on, my apps weren't accessible! Grrr!
Yesterday, in my Gallery app, my download SD folder was duplicated 40 times! I freaked. I shut it down. My card is fairly new and works with other devices, with absolutely no problem. Sorry for the long post.

I'm having a very similar situation. I can transfer files to the cd card and access them no problem, but if i restart my tablet, the files or folders and are either erased or made unreadable. The ANDROID folder remains, tho. Tablet and cd card have both been exchanged.
I am THIS close to returning this otherwise awesome device and getting another one I probably wouldn't be as happy with. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair