Best Buy Galaxy Tab S Promotional - Got mine for $299.99 w/ Book Cover

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey All!

So, found out Best Buy is having a promotion on their Galaxy S Tabs this week. I know for sure the 8.4s, not quite sure on the 10.5.

If you trade in any working tablet (not counting ereaders) you get an immediate $100.00 off the Tab S. I traded in an older Nexus 7 - I would have only gotten $100 reselling it outright anyway.

On top of that, with their price matching Samsung.com - I received the $59.99 Samsung Book Cover completely free.

Putting everything at $299.99 before taxes ($160.00 savings).

I'm super happy with my Tab S - the screen is gorgeous. Hope this money saving tip helps!

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey All!

So, found out Best Buy is having a promotion on their Galaxy S Tabs this week. I know for sure the 8.4s, not quite sure on the 10.5.

If you trade in any working tablet (not counting ereaders) you get an immediate $100.00 off the Tab S. I traded in an older Nexus 7 - I would have only gotten $100 reselling it outright anyway.

On top of that, with their price matching Samsung.com - I received the $59.99 Samsung Book Cover completely free.

Putting everything at $299.99 before taxes ($160.00 savings).

I'm super happy with my Tab S - the screen is gorgeous. Hope this money saving tip helps!

Thanks for the heads up. Although I didn't have a tablet to trade in, I did go back to Best Buy with my receipt from yesterday on the new 8.4, and they gave me the $59.99 book cover for free.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Funny when I bought mine over the weekend they said they don't price match the book cover. may have to make another trip back with my receipt to see if they will allow me to. Just for reference what did you show them to get them to price match?

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Funny when I bought mine over the weekend they said they don't price match the book cover. may have to make another trip back with my receipt to see if they will allow me to. Just for reference what did you show them to get them to price match?

I had him pull up Samsung.com on their computer and showed them the free cover offer. I did however go to the "Samsung Experience Store" within my Best Buy, where the employees are wearing Samsung shirts (no idea if this makes a difference). No questions were asked after I showed them the offer, just told me to go pick out which cover I wanted and rang it up as a freebie.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I had him pull up Samsung.com on their computer and showed them the free cover offer. I did however go to the "Samsung Experience Store" within my Best Buy, where the employees are wearing Samsung shirts (no idea if this makes a difference). No questions were asked after I showed them the offer, just told me to go pick out which cover I wanted and rang it up as a freebie.

Yeah thats where I went when in Bestbuy and the guy said no. maybe I will give it another try tomorrow and see if they say anything different.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thats where I went when in Bestbuy and the guy said no. maybe I will give it another try tomorrow and see if they say anything different.

Technically it is a bundle and Bestbuy don't price match bundles... Seems some people are getting away with doing it depending on the person and this also isn't labeled as a "Bundle" since they do say included for free which might be why some people are getting it included.

I went on the Bestbuy Website and was looking for a Micro SD card for my 10.5 and the Samsung pro line of Micro SD cards have one of the best read and write speeds at 90 mbs Read speeds and 80mbs write speeds ( or the other way around but i can't remember) and Bestbuy was selling it at $129.99 and Amazon was selling it for $55 and change. Bestbuy didn't have the low price guarantee on the page which from what i read they don't price match those items. Went to the store to exchange the White Book cover for the Bronze one + to get it price matched for the lower price they have on sale. They also Price matched the Amazon price for the SD card