Disable Magazine UI

ianmorris75

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This is my first Samsung device and I'm really enjoying it. That being said, the magazine UI seems a complete waste. I like Flipboard, but the Magazine UI doesn't seem to give me access to the content I want. Am I missing something? Is there any way way to disable it?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is my first Samsung device and I'm really enjoying it. That being said, the magazine UI seems a complete waste. I like Flipboard, but the Magazine UI doesn't seem to give me access to the content I want. Am I missing something? Is there any way way to disable it?

You can't disable it but if you zoom out you can change the general subjects that show up like science and Tech , sports and etc

ianmorris75

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I got that far, but I can't say have the tech feed come from Android Central. All the feeds are limited to a hand full of feeds. Where as with Flipboard I can browse for whatever I want.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
You have to go to settings, application tab, SWIPE all the way to the right [ALL]
Then just turn off the magazine widget.

Posted via Android Central App

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Turned off magazine widget can't turn off the actual UI though. You can force stop it so it's not eating RAM

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20140701_183909.jpg
    20140701_183909.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 100

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Magazine Off

I can not find 'My Magazine' anywhere. I found the Magazine Widget and disabled it but could find anything for 'My Magazine'.

Am i missing something stupidly obvious or could it have some to with different model versions?
Am using SM -T705 LTE Android Kitkat 4.4.2. All stock, not rooted.

Lynn Wilhelm

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Just jumping in here. I'm not sure I can help but I think you are referring to the UI not a specific app.
I found that I could get rid of the magazine pages by deleting each widget from each page.
Just tap and hold the widget on the page and drag it to the trash can to remove it. (You can always add it later.)
I found that if I deleted all of the widgets on a page, the page disappears.

rmeigs

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
The Magazine UI was disabled (along with other Samsung bloatware) when I installed the Google Now launcher from the app store.

ianmorris75

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Update. As for me, I've been running Nova Launcher Pro and love it. I don't understand Samsung's thinking. The magazine UI is far too content limited. Still loving my 8.4 tab S though.

solaris1973

May 4, 2015
Visit site
At least on the Tab S, you can long press the multitask button to the left of the Home button from the home screen. You then choose Home Screen settings, and then uncheck the option to display the Magazine UI Widget.