Two problems with my Tab S :( please help

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I bought the Tab s 8.4 a while a go but i find myself not using it as much as i thought i will for the following reasons,
1- The text is very small in all the apps for example instagram!! people comment is very small i have to get the tablet closer to make it easier on my eyes, Is this because of the high PPI ?
2- The tablet feels and look choppy when scrolling up and down. For example, when i open the play store, when i scroll it looks very choppy.

Any help would be appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Display>Font size--does adjusting the font size there make a difference for the Instagram app? Some apps have separate font size settings in their own menus, so check the individual app menus as well.

Where do you see choppy scrolling? In the browser? In other apps like Facebook? Choppiness like that can be due to many factors, including hardware limitations, bloated software, apps running in the background that are taking too much resource, etc.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
From time to time I also experience choppiness. I would open the Task Manager to close those unused apps. This will free up some RAM.

I installed Clean Master which comes with a widget that you can easily tap on it to give you a quick memory boost. This app will also allow you to disable /turn off some of the pre-installed apps that consume your RAM which can slow down your Tab performance.

There are many other available task killer apps that you can choose from.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I tried closing apps and still have choppy scrolling also. Not to compare to the iPad, but the iPad does not do this. Not bashing the Samsung because I chose the tab over the iPad.

Sent from my beautiful Iphone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
This is not correct, free RAM does not equal more speed, RAM is designed to be used, if you clear your RAM, you are clearing your apps quickly accessible information and will force the app to use your hard drive instead, and you will SLOW DOWN YOUR TAB. Full ram (or in the low to mid 2GBs) is good, means it's functioning properly, and will improve your tablets speed and function. If it becomes completely full, and you get bloating, it generally causes slow downs when closing and opening apps as it has to free up ram by writing information to the hard drive from the ram to free it up, but I doubt your tab is doing that. Don't delete your RAM, don't use clean master, you're shooting yourself in the foot

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Clean Master is one of the world's most famous Android optimization apps designed to clean junk files, regain free storage, boost memory, enhance speed, and secure your device from malicious apps and vulnerabilities.

Clean Master improves performance by optimizing device memory, unclogging storage and offering security against viruses, trojans and malware.

Posted via Tab S 8.4

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Clean Master is one of the world's most famous Android optimization apps designed to clean junk files, regain free storage, boost memory, enhance speed, and secure your device from malicious apps and vulnerabilities.

Clean Master improves performance by optimizing device memory, unclogging storage and offering security against viruses, trojans and malware.

Posted via Tab S 8.4

Could you provide which version or which developer for Clean Master, searching around I see a few apps with names like that. Thanks in advance.