what made you go with the 8.4 vs the 10.5 screen?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
bought the 10.5, today, but finding it a little cumbersome to use in landscape and portrait view while laying down. i have a Blackberry Playbook which is 7" and it's easy to use in landscape while laying down. thinking of getting thd 8.4, to see which I like, better.

Posted via Android Central App

dimensions and torque seem to want to swing or lean it away on its. Axis.

I, too, find the 10 a bit unwieldy when lying down compared to my play book even though the pub is in an otter. The

Posted via the Android Central App

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had both 10+ inch tabs and now the 8.4. I travel for work and found the smaller size much easier to handle on planes, etc. I use it in portrait for reading email and the news. Landscape for movies. If I used it at home only, I'd have the 10.5" Tab.

cr500taco

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had both 10+ inch tabs and now the 8.4. I travel for work and found the smaller size much easier to handle on planes, etc. I use it in portrait for reading email and the news. Landscape for movies. If I used it at home only, I'd have the 10.5" Tab.

I wish I can afford to buy both, because I do like having the larger screen. Still need to buy the 8.4 to compare the two to see which I like overall.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wish I can afford to buy both, because I do like having the larger screen. Still need to buy the 8.4 to compare the two to see which I like overall.

I can tell you that putting my 10.5 into a Logitech Keyboard case, while making it a heavier and thicker package has made it a lot easier to hold. In easel position, there are a number of "additional grab locations" and so I can hold it upright easier. Actually, not using the keyboard all that much but the case is nice.

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
For me it was typing. I'm a bigger guy with big hands but typing on the 10.1 was still annoying. I also have a POS phone right now so I wanted the smaller version for the mobility. If I had a decent phone and didn't need to drag this with me all over I would consider the 10.1 for videos however.

Let's be realistic here. In every review video someone is sitting at a table using the tab. In real life who sits down at their kitchen table to use a tab? not me. Since I don't have a good phone right now I want something I can use when I'm laying in bed or just crashed out on the couch. The 8.4 is way more mobile.

cr500taco

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
For me it was typing. I'm a bigger guy with big hands but typing on the 10.1 was still annoying. I also have a POS phone right now so I wanted the smaller version for the mobility. If I had a decent phone and didn't need to drag this with me all over I would consider the 10.1 for videos however.

Let's be realistic here. In every review video someone is sitting at a table using the tab. In real life who sits down at their kitchen table to use a tab? not me. Since I don't have a good phone right now I want something I can use when I'm laying in bed or just crashed out on the couch. The 8.4 is way more mobile.

That's exactly when I use my tab, is usually in bed or laying around somewhere. I also find the 10.5 to be annoying to type on. Going to pick up the 8.4 this weekend to see which I like better, overall. The 32GB 10.5 is appealing to me, though, just because, I know how valuable storage space is on Samsung devices. Unfortunately, the 8.4 isn't available with a 32GB HDD.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Got the 8.4 due to the fact that what i use a tablet for. it's better to handle or easier to handle I should say. When laying in bed on Android central, Or watching YouTube stuff like that. Anything a bit more serious and I pull out my 14 inch laptop

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Haha it's common scenes here someone is bound to be using a tablet at the restaurant, coffee shop, bank, paying bills at the cashier, waiting area, etc.

Me too, love using tab when I'm laying in bed, checking on emails, reading news or simply watching movies. It's very convenient. I'm going to get one of those "hands free" tab holder to enhance my viewing experience. :)

Posted via Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power