My Samsung Tablet S 8.4 does not switch off or restart by pressing and holding the power button. Is that normal?

A

AC Question

Restarting Samsung Tab S 8.4

My samsung tablet S 8.4 does not switch off or restart by pressing and holding the power button. Is that normal?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Restarting samsung tab S 8.4

Is it working and it just won't shut off or is it completely dead? It's definitely not normal, as pressing on the power button once while the tablet is ON should turn the screen off. If you keep it pressed for a second, the Power Menu popup should appear. If you keep it pressed for I think is about 10 seconds, it should recycle itself no matter what.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Restarting samsung tab S 8.4

Mmmm...that is weird. Mine does, but it's a 10.5 model, although I don't see how this one could be different. Try the same but pressing the Home Button as well?

Hendav

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing, I hold down power button and nothing happens. Strange, it makes me nervous about flashing something and getting in to a bootloop.

Peterbae

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
This just happened to me, it froze on me and even when I held the power button for 30 sec it didn't do anything, what did work was hold the power button , volume down and menu key for 10 seconds and it will reset

asiyakhandker

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much! I read this and after 7 hrs of trying to look online and reading different websites this helped me to get my tab reset. I had the same problem you did. Again thank you!

perkinsy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I was reading a website I read every day and the screen froze. The tablet didn't respond to anything. The off button did not work and I was considering remove the battery to reset it. However, after reading the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 forum I managed to get it working again by pressing the volume down and off button for 10 seconds.

charmedonez

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
  1. peterbae,
Peterbae, I just had to say THANK YOU! I had tried everything that even experts were saying to do,nothing worked to turn my galaxy off until I came across your post. Worked perfect. Was really getting worried.

Last edited:

Roopa Priya

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I have bought a demo tablet samsung galaxy 8.4 and unable to reset.
1. first thing am trying to restart or power off.
nothing works. i get security policy prevents power off message. please help

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've captured various methods of RESETTING. They may or may not work:

Only solution now is a hard reset. Going into recovery mode and wiping the entire device is the only way out. The secure lockscreen is there for a reason, and sorry to say this, but you can't register
fingerprints without setting an alternate password...

Usually turning the device on by holding the power + volume up + home button together until you see the Recovery Menu works.

went for the factory reset (Volume up, Power button and Home button).

----------------------

Press and hold the Volume UP and Volume DOWN and Power button at the same time, 10 seconds. Tablet restart.

-------------------

After about eight hours the battery didn't die. Got frustrated... continued looking at multiple forums. Found that someone managed a reboot on a Tab2 with combination of volume and power hold for 10 seconds.

Well it worked... Volume down, then power button hold for 10+ seconds and the unit rebooted.

even when I held the power button for 30 sec it didn't do anything, what did work was hold the power button , volume down and menu key for 10 seconds and it will reset

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci