Haven't been keeping up with the Samsung tablet market...

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So my question is, is the Samsung galaxy tab S line the latest tablets Samsung has to offer?

I have a Nexus 7 (2012) and its really time i get a replacement as that thing is running super slow lately and i fear what Android 5.0 will do to it.
My plan was to go with the Nexus 9 but after seeing this thing in person and reading all the reviews, i'm thinking its not really the tablet for me.

I'm looking at the Tab S 8.4 (10.5 is just too big for me) but there is also the Tab 4 8.0 which is currently a lot cheaper at the moment. Planning on looking for black Friday deals as soon as possible, but these are the two tablets i have my eye on. Is the Tab 4 series just kind of too old compared to the Tab S series?

Any advice you guys can give me would be great. I'm familiar with Samsung so i'm 99% sure this is the route i want to take, just not sure which of the two i should go for.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I thoroughly researched this for days. I came from a Nexus 7 2012 so I wanted my next device to be slim enough to hold with one hand, and have specs that will blow away the competition.

Google was taking there time releasing the Nexus 9. I had to jump ship. Come to find out the Nexus 9 is wider than the Tab S 8.4. The Tab S 8.4 is nice and thin, has a slim form factor, and a beautiful screen.

We all know there is potential that Samsung will release another tablet eventually. But right now the Tab S is the best Samsung tablet out right now. Even the reviews on shopping sites are flawless. You wont be disappointed. Come on board.

You may enjoy this photo I took. It compaires screen size with Nexus 7 and Tab S 8.5: http://i.imgur.com/wGO65PF.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Tab S is the current tablet flagship. The Tab 4 is intended more as a budget-to-midrange device. It's lacking in some features, like MHL support.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I thoroughly researched this for days. I came from a Nexus 7 2012 so I wanted my next device to be slim enough to hold with one hand, and have specs that will blow away the competition.

Google was taking there time releasing the Nexus 9. I had to jump ship. Come to find out the Nexus 9 is wider than the Tab S 8.4. The Tab S 8.4 is nice and thin, has a slim form factor, and a beautiful screen.

We all know there is potential that Samsung will release another tablet eventually. But right now the Tab S is the best Samsung tablet out right now. Even the reviews on shopping sites are flawless. You wont be disappointed. Come on board.

You may enjoy this photo I took. It compaires screen size with Nexus 7 and Tab S 8.5: http://i.imgur.com/wGO65PF.jpg

Awesome, yah that picture you included is great. Thats awesome that i'd be getting that much more screen. Now $400 is still a bit steep for me, so i'm going to hope i see a sale during black friday and rush and go grab one.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
It converts the Tab S Micro USB port to an HDMI output for playing back HD videos on a "compatible" HDTV or LCD.

Posted via Tab S 8.4

Attachments

• IMG-20141109-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20141109-WA0000.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 80

Savagerican326

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I like the samsung tabs but I just got bought two tab 4 7.0 for my kids and I purchased 3 different 64gb sd cards and formatted them to fat 32 and still couldn't get a large majority of my movies to play. Called samsung and they couldn't figure it out. Sending the tabs back to walmart.

Savagerican326

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I got that adapter and used it yesterday fir the 1st time. Works great. One flaw. It doesn't charge the phone as your using it even though the charger is plugged in to the adapter. So my phone went dead as I was watching a movie so i had to finish watching the movie on my note 3

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So i ended up getting myself a Galaxy Tab S 8.4! They were $50 off and my sister in law works for target so she got another 15% off that. I ended up getting the tablet for $325 after tax.

Awesome deal if i do say so myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21