Been testing my Tab s 8.4 lte for a while because I have been getting a below average battery performance. something i noticed multiple times when my battery reaches 1 and then shutdown, I left it uncharged and went to bed and after 6 to 7 hours, i turned it on to read its already 18%. Lol but actually dropped from 18 to 13 to 8 to 5 in a matter of 5 mins and it is on 5% now.

Is that ok since li batteries are smart? Or is that battery faulty or what?

Thank you

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE using Tapatalk
    12-10-2014 12:38 PM
    Take a look at this article it should answer your question.

Why do batteries come back to life if you let them rest? - HowStuffWorks
    12-10-2014 12:55 PM
    Take a look at this article it should answer your question.
    So is it okay and natural? I could not really understand the article a lot
    12-10-2014 01:36 PM
    It sounds like all batteries do this to some extent. I would say that yes it is normal and that you will be OK. Haven't you ever had a tv remote die while you were surfing channels and then work OK the next time you go to change channels? Or a flashlight die and then work for a few minutes later after it has had a chance to rest? As for you battery life issue you mentioned, I don't know how long you've had your device, but usually battery life will improve over time and then begin to decline with age. However I will say that running your device until it shuts itself off is a bad practice. From everything I've read allowing the device to go to zero for these newer batteries will shorten the life of the battery over time. Once or twice when it's unavoidable but regularly will affect performance and reduce the life of the battery.

Here is an article from a Tech site which discusses care of batteries with the main point being;
    So if you're really particular about optimizing your battery's life, you should try to go from around 40 percent to around 80 percent in one go, and then back down whenever possible. A bunch of tiny charges throughout the day is your second best bet, and going from zero to 100 and then 100 to zero on a regular basis will put the most strain on your lithium-ion battery.

How To Take Care of Your Smartphone Battery the Right Way
    12-10-2014 02:06 PM
    Thank you a lot. I just did full discharge/charge cycles just to calibrate the battery but I will charge it on regular basis before it hits zero. Is it fine to charge it when it is 15 to 90 or 100?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    12-10-2014 02:16 PM
    15 to 90 is probably better than 0 to 100 but I'd probably try to hit it a little sooner if you can. However having said that I take it to 100 every night but I'll also do a few short charges through the day when possible and I always try to start before I'm under 20. It doesn't always work that way but nothing is perfect. Good luck
    12-11-2014 07:38 AM
    Well I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and when I am on it it tends to day 'battery critically low' but then it goes dow to 4% and then up to 6% - once it went to 11% somehow and its about tondie to die so gtg
    12-31-2016 09:53 PM