Hi guys, i recently broke the digitizer on my tab s. The screen is now black and only half of it registers touch. Im unable to connect it to my PC for whatever reason, mustve changedd the settings before i broke it. Its running android 5.0 lollipop cyanogemod rom.

i was wondering if there was a way for me to back up and/or Factory reset and do a complete date wipe of the tablet before i go get it repaired. Back up is optional but preferably, if not what are my options to just completely wipe it.

Thanks for any help
    01-09-2015 07:17 AM
    To wipe it you don't need it to register touch, as you can enter Recovery mode and select the options using the volume and power buttons. But to back up, unless you can connect it to your PC, there's really not much you can do as you probably won't be able to manipulate what's on the screen to do a cloud backup.

You can plug the tablet to a TV using MHL but that would only let you see what's going on in the screen, and you say that you only have input on half of it. Unless you had a bluetooth mouse previously paired that would automatically connect to the tablet when turned on, the only option is to have a service center 'loan' you a screen (what they do is they usually open your tablet, hook up a temp display/input panel, and that's it.
    01-09-2015 02:44 PM