I deleted my Samsung Galaxy Tab S' OS, how can I get it back?

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I deleted my Samsung Galaxy Tab S' OS

Here goes,

Hello fellow Droids, I am here to request for help because my new Tab S has just got a major problem, I deleted my OS mistakenly via TWRP. It started when I just rooted my tab and decided to upgrade supersu into supersu pro and updating the su binaries aswell, I got a wrong download from aptoide and it messed up my Play Store, with connection problems, I found a method to fix it but it required root, my tab was rooted but it couldn't gain enough access because the binary was outdated, so I tried rerooting it and updating it but that didn't work, I decided to unroot and reroot the last time by deleting supersu in the system partition, using TWRP, but I accidentally wiped the system partition itself deleting the OS.. For now my tablet is stuck in the charging sign and it stays there, I'm waiting for it to drain so I could access download mode or recovery mode, what do I do if none of these are accessible?! I can't afford to lose a month old tablet.. Android community please help me.. :':)-\:(

bronsonelliott

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: I deleted my Samsung Galaxy Tab S' OS

Sounds like you need to reinstall the firmware. I just checked and my firmware is at T700XXU1ANL2. I did a quick search and found the following link with step by step procedures. I haven't installed this myself so I can not vouch for its accuracy so please proceed at your own risk. Good luck.

http://www.androidofficer.com/2015/01/t700xxu1anl2-android-442-xxu1anl2.html

Posted via the Android Central App

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully, you can convince Samsung that it is a defect covered by warranty as opposed to your creating a failed Frankenstein's monster by rooting your device. Maybe they can't tell if you send it in!

Good luck.

bronsonelliott

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Were you able to reinstall the firmware? Are you able to put the tablet in download mode (power + volume down + home button)?

I have to believe that there's a way to recover. Although I highly doubt sending to Samsung is an option because you had previously rooted the device, I'm sure it tripped the Knox flag.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Helpmeplease:

Go to SamMobile Firmwares. Enter T700 in the search box. Click the search icon (the magnifying glass). Choose the country. Download the file. (You'll have to create a free account to download it.)

Open Odin as Administrator, as in the link brosoneliot posted, but add all the files. The APxxx file goes into the AP slot, the BLxxx file goes into the BL slot, etc. (If the PIT button shows a file, there will be only one, so choose it. If not, leave it blank.)

THEN Start Odin, and it should give you back your tab. (It'll take a while.) The instructions on that site are for updating an existing system, you have to flash the entire system. You're in a bootloop because the file the bootloader runs isn't there any more, and updating doesn't put that file on the phone because it's not one that gets updated.

@bronsoneliot:
Rooting normally doesn't trip Knox, it trips Custom, which can be faked back to Official. (There's a Lollipop root that trips Knox, but that's the only one I've heard of.)

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site

Great news guys I actually was able to put it on download mode, but the nightmare is not yet over, still have to install the os! Is it fine to use another country's version? I bought the tab in South Korea and when I go into download mode it says: SM-T700-KOR

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Helpmeplease:

Go to "http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/[/COLOR]"]SamMobile Firmwares. Enter T700 in the search box. Click the search icon (the magnifying glass). Choose the country. Download the file. (You'll have to create a free account to download it.)

Open Odin as Administrator, as in the link brosoneliot posted, but add all the files. The APxxx file goes into the AP slot, the BLxxx file goes into the BL slot, etc. (If the PIT button shows a file, there will be only one, so choose it. If not, leave it blank.)

THEN Start Odin, and it should give you back your tab. (It'll take a while.) The instructions on that site are for updating an existing system, you have to flash the entire system. You're in a bootloop because the file the bootloader runs isn't there any more, and updating doesn't put that file on the phone because it's not one that gets updated.

@bronsoneliot:
Rooting normally doesn't trip Knox, it trips Custom, which can be faked back to Official. (There's a Lollipop root that trips Knox, but that's the only one I've heard of.)

Curious - went there - don't see the US or United States????? For the Tab S 10.5 - looks like the Canada version matches mine. Figured I would preemptively download!!!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2015
Visit site

I ended up going to Samsung Service Center, I told them I rooted it but I wanted to unroot and accidentally deleted my os, they were like, ''Seems fine to me, you can pick up your tablet in the afternoon'', and they charged me 20 dollars, I could've done it but I was afraid that I would turn it into a brick.. Still though, not sure if it will be a success when I get it, then I'll have to flash it myself.. Thanks guys the tips and steps really help out.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

That seems like a bargain price. Please report back.