Why is my charge so slow after the Lollipop 5.0.2 update on Galaxy Tab S?

A

AC Question

Charging issues after Lollipop 5.0.2 update on Galaxy Tab S

Hello android smart people! I have a number of questions about my Galaxy S tab. A few days ago my tablet updated to Lollipop 5.0.2. Since then it won't charge while in use and even when shut down it's charging very slowly. It's not the charger, and I've cleared the cache. I just want KitKat back, but I'm worried about messing around too much with Android on my own. I'm by far the most tech savvy of everyone I know, so help is out of the question.

1. If I factory reset will it reset back to KitKat?

2. After factory reset will it automatically update back to Lollipop? Can I turn this feature off?

3. Will the back up data feature, back up things like all the data for games like Family Guy? I've put a lot of time and $5 into that stupid game and a few others.

Thanks for any advice! I've had five android devices, all Galaxy, and I've never been so unhappy.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Charging issues after Lollipop 5.0.2 update on Galaxy Tab S

Welcome to the forums.

1. No. Doesn't work like that. The update installed in the system. A simple reset won't revert you back to KK.

2a. Repeat of Q1.
2b. Possibly. In earlier versions of Samsung's Android, it was a matter of disabling the update app. I am not sure if this can be done anymore.

3. Not by Google. It can depend on the developer. Some have their own backups where if you have an account created with them, your data is saved. Best thing to do is contact the developer and ask.

LostKitty

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Oooo I was afraid that was the answer after the research I've done, but I wanted to be wrong. I had to ask. I've seen a number of people who successfully went back to KitKat. I'm going to have to put on my big girl pants and figure out how to do that. I always wanted to root my phone anyway. Do you know where I could find reliable information? Thanks for your response!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Charging issues after Lollipop 5.0.2 update on Galaxy Tab S

You can reflashing the KK ROM, its just not done via a reset. You need the proper ROM files and a PC program called Odin.

From an AOSP M8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy