8.4 Lollipop Available in Korea only. Still waiting on other regions

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
The 10.5 Tab S has had lollipop for awhile now. When i saw preview videos they were showing both the 10.5 and the 8.4 tab S.

The only place I've been able to see any notification on an update is this site: Official Samsung® Android Updates

But i'm not even sure how "official" that is. It's saying April. Anyone have any other official information that i can't seem to find?

EDIT: Looks like Lollipop is rolling out for the Tab S 8.4 for NON LTE variant only. I'd expect the LTE isn't too far behind.
Excited to go home and finally get it downloaded!

Last edited:

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: What's up on the delay of Lollipop?

Samsung's website says Lollipop 5.02 is in testing for both the Tab S 10.5 and 8.4 and is scheduled to be rolled out at the end of April. So, according to this, the Tab S 10.5 has not received Lollipop.

jayjay234

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm so sick and tired of waiting for lollipop update for my GTS8.4 as well... why does 8.4 get lollipop so late compared to 10.5????? Crazy....

Posted via the Android Central App

malep

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Pending State now, shouldn't be long before rolling-out...
Do we really need Lollipop ? What are the user experience on the tab S 10.5 ?

ChrisAmbrose

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

10.5 in the UK has not received this update yet either. My brother has the 10.5 and still nothing, same goes for the 8.4 - It's just a waiting game. I've seen Lollipop on the Samsung S4, which most of my family have, and when they got the update pushed from Vodafone, they've had quite a few issues with it. I assume Samsung aren't pushing any more updates until they have a fully tested build. Plus... it's still April. We can start to complain in May :)

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Going to the website right now it looks like its down and Samsung is "updating" it so hopefully that means maybe the update will go live today?

*crossing my fingers*

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Pending State now, shouldn't be long before rolling-out...
Do we really need Lollipop ? What are the user experience on the tab S 10.5 ?

Nobody with a Tab S 10.5 has it unless they got it by rooting.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Galaxy tab s 10.5 has the OTA update for 5.02 for two weeks now

Really? Because Samsung's website says they're still testing it for the 10.5. Regardless, I installed 5.02 on my Nexus 7 and it's buggy and caused severe battery drain. I'm in no hurry to update my Tab 8.4 and will patiently wait for 5.1 to roll out.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Really? Because Samsung's website says they're still testing it for the 10.5. Regardless, I installed 5.02 on my Nexus 7 and it's buggy and caused severe battery drain. I'm in no hurry to update my Tab 8.4 and will patiently wait for 5.1 to roll out.

This is what is on The site above that i posted in the OP. The 10.5 has been in the Rolling Out status since i posted this thread.

Galaxy Tab S Series

Galaxy Tab S 8.4 - 5.0.2 Lollipop - Pending.. April, 2015
Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE - 5.0.2 Lollipop - Pending... April, 2015

Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - 5.0.2 Lollipop - Rolling-out
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE - 5.0.2 Lollipop - Rolling-out

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

5.1 is upgrading OTA now on the N7.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

5.1 is upgrading OTA now on the N7.

Thanks. I keep checking, but my device tells me it's up to date. I tried moving the date up to the middle of May and it still said I had the latest update. I'll just keep checking. It's nice to see 5.1 rolling out.

lando43

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. I keep checking, but my device tells me it's up to date. I tried moving the date up to the middle of May and it still said I had the latest update. I'll just keep checking. It's nice to see 5.1 rolling out.

You know that if you post in the nexus 7 forum you'll get the update faster

Voltaire64

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

A dumb question I'm sure but I'm new to android and when an update rolls out does it affect the applications you have? Is there a need to reinstall them? As we are running k Kat is lollipop an update or a switch to a different os?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

A dumb question I'm sure but I'm new to android and when an update rolls out does it affect the applications you have? Is there a need to reinstall them? As we are running k Kat is lollipop an update or a switch to a different os?

Nope, all the apps should be compatible.

EDIT: But jesus for this update supposedly coming out this month they're running out of days....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon