How can I increase the size of my fonts?

GarrisonHalibut

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Request For Help- Tiny Fonts Make Reading Difficult

I just got a brand-new Samsung Tab S 8.4 and I find that the fonts in many apps are so small that they are virtually unreadable to my middle-aged eyes.

I've adjusted the font size in the tablet's display settings menu, but these do not seem to make any difference in many apps, such as Facebook and others. A few apps have their own individual font size menus, but many do not, and I end up having to squint. This definitely takes the pleasure out of using the device.

Is there any way of globally adjusting font sizes on the device that I have missed? If I can't fix this issue, I'm going to have to return the tablet and take a heavy hit on the restocking fee, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Request For Help- Tiny Fonts Make Reading Difficult

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, font size within apps is often controlled by the app itself, not by the device's Accessibility settings. Have you tried the Magnification Gestures in Settings>Accessibility​?

GarrisonHalibut

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the welcome and the response. I started experimenting with the Magnification Gestures, but at first glance, the process seems pretty cumbersome. I was hoping for a tablet I could sit and leisurely read, not have to tap three times on parts of the screen to read a fragment at a time. Maybe I was doing it wrong-- I'll have to go back and try again.

The ironic thing is that I was perfectly happy with my 2012 Nexus 7, but the Lollipop update screwed it up bigtime.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the welcome and the response. I started experimenting with the Magnification Gestures, but at first glance, the process seems pretty cumbersome. I was hoping for a tablet I could sit and leisurely read, not have to tap three times on parts of the screen to read a fragment at a time. Maybe I was doing it wrong-- I'll have to go back and try again.

The ironic thing is that I was perfectly happy with my 2012 Nexus 7, but the Lollipop update screwed it up bigtime.

Did you do a factory reset after the Lollipop update? It made all the difference in the world with mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig