My Galaxy Tab S 10.1 won't boot and I cannot access system reset, what should I do?

A

AC Question

My Galaxy Tab S 10.1 won't boot and I cannot access system reset:(

So.....after owning this amazing device for approx 8 hours, I went through and disabled apps I don't/won't use to help clear some space and memory. It then popped up error messages out the wazoo and eventually shutting down....and then endless loop on the "Samsung" logo.
I attempted to do a system restore (Volume Up + Power + Menu) and nothing. I contacted Samsung who is instructing me to take to Best Buy (who I have zero hope with).
The tablet was upgraded to Lollipop prior to my purchasing it. Does anyone know if I can boot from an SD Card or even a laptop?
PS--I am not a complete ***** regarding electronics despite the above, lol...but I could seriously kick myself in the head.

Thank you in advance for any and all guidance you can offer.

RomanceNinja

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy Tab S 10.1 won't boot and I cannot access system reset:(

Welcome to Android Central! Did you buy it brand new? If so, I would ask for an exchange, as long as you didn't root it. A device shouldn't crash like that from disabling apps, because it shouldn't let you disable or delete anything critical to the system (if unrooted).

RomanceNinja

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy Tab S 10.1 won't boot and I cannot access system reset:(

I purchased it from someone else--that may be the unfortunate result in my decision. He updated it to Lollipop....I will have to double check with him about the rooting as I am not 100% sure.
Thanks for your response!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc