Samsung Tab S 8.4 Will not connect to internet over mobile network

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Like the title states. After I installed a VPN app, now deleted, my tablet will not connect to the internet over the mobile network. "Unable to connect to the proxy server" is the page I get, even though there is no proxy server installed anymore!

It connects to WiFi and surfs the Internet fine. Or with a VPN app installed AND activated, it works over the mobile network.

The second much more frustrating problem I have is that the tablet sporadically has "lines" run across the screen and the tablet turns off, then on, then off! Much more common when the battery is below 50% but happens often at 80/90% battery. Plugging the tablet into the charger seems to stop this from happening.

The tablets only 3 months old. I bought a super expensive Samsung case for it and only yesterday it received a "fairy tap" at one corner (the Samsung case did jack sh*t) so the screen is cracked on that bottom corner - so I doubt Samsung will do anything to help me with the hardwear/softwear???

This is my 3rd Samsung device being defective, it can not ALL be coincidence can it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-30-19-55-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-30-19-55-46.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if the following info I've captured will be of help. I also believe there's a way to set it back to factory default but I'm not sure of the method
--------------------------

Wipe Cache Partition - Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
[Device-Specific Instructions]

If apps freeze/hang, your device crashes/resets, you can't view email attachments or website images or your data isn't syncing, wiping your cache partition may help. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

Ensure the device is powered off.
Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the top-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
Press and hold the Volume Up button (located to the right of the Power button; ensure right side of button is pressed) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
Select wipe cache partition.
Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
Select reboot system now.

----------------

You could also try Safe Mode. again captured from threads:

Turn on and use safe mode

Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily remove all apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.

To turn on safe mode and use it to fix app problems, follow these steps:

Turn on safe mode

Turn the device off.
Press and hold the Power key.
When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key.
Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device.

Uninstall third party applications

From any home screen, tap Apps.
Tap Settings.
Select the General tab
Tap Application manager.
Swipe right or left to the 'DOWNLOADED' or 'SD CARD' tab to locate the downloaded app.
Tap the desired application.
Tap Uninstall.
When the popup message appears, tap Uninstall.
The application will uninstall.

Turn off safe mode

gr_baker

May 29, 2014
Visit site
You may find that the vpn has left the proxy settings in your mobile apn. Go to Settings, connections, more networks, mobile networks, access point names and check your apn has no proxy set. Edit and remove it if it does.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
You may find that the vpn has left the proxy settings in your mobile apn. Go to Settings, connections, more networks, mobile networks, access point names and check your apn has no proxy set. Edit and remove it if it does.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks, deleting the IP address in that box has fixed the internet issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36