USB OTG not working

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I've used USB OTG before without issue, although it's been a few months. Today I tried to load some movies onto my tablet from my laptop for a flight in the morning, and it won't connect. Tried rebooting, different ports, etc. It shows it's charging, but that's all, no connection either on the tablet or the laptop. Using the cable that came with it, and this same cable has no problem connecting my Note 4 to my laptop. Not rooted, and running Android 5.0.2
Anyone had this issue, or know how to fix it?

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you need a usb otg adapter to make that connection or just usb cable? I've used usb-t-g with my Tab S and a thumb drive and my Canon Camera. I don't really know the in's and out's of these connections but is it possible both the laptop and the Tab expect the other to act merely like an "accessory" such as thumbdrive or camera. When I hook my Tab S to my computer I just use a straight usb cable with the proper sizes/genders at appropriate ends.

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you need a usb otg adapter to make that connection or just usb cable? I've used usb-t-g with my Tab S and a thumb drive and my Canon Camera. I don't really know the in's and out's of these connections but is it possible both the laptop and the Tab expect the other to act merely like an "accessory" such as thumbdrive or camera. When I hook my Tab S to my computer I just use a straight usb cable with the proper sizes/genders at appropriate ends.
As I said, I've done it before with the same cable, and it worked fine. The cable also works fine with my Note 4, so it's not the cable. I suspect that a driver on my tablet has somehow become corrupted, but I'm not sure how to fix this other than doing a factory reset (which I really would prefer to avoid).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21