Some questions regarding LTE vs. WiFi versions of Tab S

netslacker

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So, I picked up a used Wifi tab s after Christmas for cheap. It's nice, I like it, it works like a champ. On Sunday, I decided to grab a used AT&T LTE version of the tablet, primarily for the black color (not a huge fan of the bronze, but whatever). At any rate, the LTE version of this tablet has a few "issues" that the Wifi version does not. One of my bigger gripes is that the AT&T version requires an additional 1.2gb just for the OS, leaving less for the user to use for apps, etc. Another annoyance is the "WiFi Connected" notification that will not go away. Why this is there is beyond me as I can tell it's wifi connected because of the wifi symbol. Yet, we're made to endure the persistent notification in the notification center. The third issue I have with the AT&T version is that it has the outdated WatchOn app, which can't be deleted but which causes a constant "can't connect to server" error to occur on each orientation change of the tablet. You can temporarily disable this, but it always seems to come back either after a restart or after updates are applied. Clearly, this tablet is in AT&T's grip more than I was expecting and is in need of some updates.

I was thinking of selling the wifi version and keeping the LTE one but honestly, these three annoyances kinda bug more than the brown color of the other tablet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with these? Any tricks or something I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer