I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy tab 8 for which I set English as my language. However whenever I am in a browser and want to bookmark or otherwise use a menu command, the popup menu is in Japanese. How do I change the default menu language to English?
    08-23-2016 10:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that you have a Tab S 8.4? Your post is in that subforum, but you only mention "tab 8" in your post.

Are the system settings in Japanese as well, or only the browser? Are you using the stock browser, Chrome, or some other browser?
    08-24-2016 03:04 AM
    Thanks Diddy. My tablet is a Tab S8, the previous version of S8.4. Is there a different thread for this model?

I have tried Chrome and Firefox, with the same problem. Whenever I access the browser menu, it is not in English. I think it is Japanese but it may be one of the other East Asian languages.
    08-25-2016 07:30 AM
    My tablet is a Tab S8, the previous version of S8.4.
    There was no previous version of the Tab S 8.4. Do you have a Tab 3 or Tab 4 8.0, or maybe a Tab A 8.0? Or do you have a Lenovo Tab S8? Go to Settings>About Tablet and tell us what's listed under Model Number.

My question was if the system settings are in this Asian language, not the browser's settings. Swipe down the notification panel and tap the gear icon, or go to the App Drawer and tap the Settings icon, and tell us what you see. Show us a screenshot of the Settings>About Tablet menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    08-25-2016 10:23 AM
    Thank you. You are correct. It is an 8.4" tablet. The Model Number is SM-T700.
    There is no gear icon on the notifications panel.
    Sorry but I cannot seem to take a screenshot of the 'About Device' Panel. Neither the standard pressing and holding of the power and down volume buttons nor of the power and home buttons works for a screenshot. The About Device panel shows the Model Number, Android Version (5.0.2), Kernel Version, Build, SE for Android Status, and KNOX version. What other information would help?
    08-25-2016 01:15 PM
    This should be how to take a screenshot: Galaxy Tab S - How do I take screenshots on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S?. If you're pressing the Power and Home buttons, it can be a little tricky, because they have to be pressed at the exact same time, then held for about half a second.

So the system settings are all in English, and it's only the browser's menus that are in the Asian language?
    08-26-2016 02:42 AM
    Thanks Diddy, but I now think I may be in the wrong forum. I am feeling my way on my first tablet, purchased as a birthday gift from my wife. I now find that it only Firefox where the menu that comes up upon clicking the 3 vertical dot icon is in an Asian language. The same icon in Chrome results in an English menu. So I think I will switch to Chrome as my default tab browser, at least during my work trip over the next couple of weeks.
    Thanks again for your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-26-2016 08:28 AM
    I prefer Chrome as well--but if you do want to use Firefox, see if you can change the default language this way: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...irefox-android
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-26-2016 11:25 AM