Rooted device, no root privileges

The Blue Blur

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
So i recently rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Marshmallow 6.0.1 version with Odin, and tried to get Game Hacker. I downloaded an older version of it because the newer version required a survey, which asked for £4 a month which is stupid.

So I opened Game Hacker, asked for root privileges, I tapped "Yes" and then a second after it told me i don't have root. I've tried alternatives like Cheat Engine and Game Killer but they both completely spazzed and didn't detect any app I was on. So they both were useless. I got Game Hacker on my old tablet which was Android Galaxy Tab 2 Jelly Bean, and it worked PERFECTLY. So why do i have such a hard time with this?

TL;DR: Read the title.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
On the chance that you eventually see this:

The site is "manned" by other users, just like you. Some of us have more experience than others, but this isn't a paid help site. You post a question, thn you wait for an answer, or you don't get one - that's how it works.

In your case, I suspect that whatever you used to "root" wasn't written for the Tab S running 6.01. Each version of Android patches the exploits used by previous versions to gain root, so someone has to find a new exploit - and each Android phone model is rooted differently. What worked on a Tab 2 probably won't work on a Tab S, and what worked on 4.3 (JellyBean) definitely won't work on Marshmallow. You'll have to find a rooting method for your particular tab for your particular version of Android. (That's just how it works - no one is deliberately making it difficult for you - except Google.)

The Blue Blur

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
But I downloaded a root file specifically for my tablet, SM-T705 marshmallow. So something must've happened. Is it the SuperSU app I have that was pre installed after root? Because most root apps seem to work, so I've definitely got some root... apps like game guardian (which I know works on marshmallow, perfect on marshmallow phone) where it accesses root files on the spot detects "no root privelleges". Maybe I'm thinking of that differently and it's something else though. I've got a lot of problems on my hands, believe me. About 4 problems currently :/

Well I guess I got a little angry too quick. I'm glad this website is here anyway. It was just that when I posted my original thread, it got instant reply so I thought it'd be same for all. Guess it was just cos I made a new account and got some 1 off thing.

I've got a Google apps problem I'd like you to take a look at, see if you can help me in any way if you don't mind, making a thread after this reply.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You may be asking the question in the wrong forum. I've moved the thread to the specific device forum, though it will remain accessible from this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy