Tab S won't connect to PC

swalker238

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I haven't connected my Tab S 8.4 to my Windows 10 PC since before it updated to Marshmallow 6.0.1. Now when I connect I get a red X over the battery indicator and my PC doesn't even recognize my tablet. I've read that you have to shut off the tablet in order for it to charge from the PC (something I don't want to do) but I want to transfer some pictures and documents to my PC without having to take out the SD card and put it in the PC. I've enabled USB debugging and MTP is enabled under USB configuration but I'm still having problems connecting. I've also used different USB cables with no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Due to may factors involved, you should try different computer or same computer with different Samsung device.
You may need Samsung USB driver or new USB charging port.

If both are working, your computer should recognize your tablet without any extra settings.
USB port may charge fine but fail data connection or vice versa due to separate pins

pinout-microUSB1.png

swalker238

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info, Beut. I think you may be right that the USB port on my tablet may be damaged. I've tried it on different computers and get the same result. I think I'm going to just replace the port and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar