Hello, recently my Samsung Galaxy Tab S's charger went missing so I used a micro USB cable (those flat ones with the flat cord and a fairly bulky tip), and I plugged it in and left it to charge. When I returned, the cord was stuck in the port. I tried to pull it free, but it wouldn't budge. So I had to use pliers, and I gripped it from one side of the charger. I wiggled and gently tugged on the micro USB bit, but still didn't come out. I applied a but more pressure and finally came out, but the plastic outside and metal casing that protects the "teeth" only came free, the teeth remained in the port. So I used the pliers again, pulling it free finally. I was worried that since it got stuck in the tablet, the charging port would be chewed inside. I plugged it in, using a Samsung Galaxy charger and it didn't really stay in. I had to tilt the cord up slightly for it to stay in, but I'm not going to hold a cord in place while it charges. Is there any way to charge it without holding the cord upwards, and is it possible that the port is damaged?
    08-04-2017 11:11 PM
    Unfortunately without actually looking at the device, it's really hard to tell. No, there is no other way of charging a Tab S other than the microUSB port. Yes, it's possible your port was damaged, but it's also possible that only the casing/outside is damaged and short of replacing the port, finding a way to hold the cable in place is your best option right now. Although I do suggest replacing the port. In the long run that's a much safer choice.
    08-05-2017 12:23 AM
    Assume your tablet is SM-T700, the USB charging port is an easy part to replace.
    All you need is removing the rear case cover, take out 2 screws to remove the USB charging PCB.
    It takes less than 10 minutes to complete this task.
    OEMFor Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" SM-T700 T705 Micro USB Charging Port Flex Cable | eBay

This is an example for beginner. I can do 10 times faster than the guy did in the video.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung...lacement/52123
    08-05-2017 12:46 AM