Galaxy Tab S2 drops Wi-Fi connection constantly.

Acc3r

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm using galaxy tab s2 sm-t813 with stock 7.0 rom. At first, I installed LineageOS and thought that was the culprit, but after flashing stock rom, the issue persists. For example, when watching YouTube, after some time, at the bottom of the screen "you are back online" appears in green. This happens when doing other tasks like browsing as well. I tried resetting network settings. I also flashed modem firmware of my rom with no luck. If I disable auto reconnect, when it drops, it stays disconnected with no wifi icon on status bar. I tried setting my dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. No other devices on the network have this issue. I tried disabling nearby device scanning, tried resetting network settings. This happens every 20 mins or so. I bought this tablet used so warranty is not an option. I'm at my wits end, I don't know what to do.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy tab s2 drops WiFi connection constantly

Does this persist in Safe Mode?

It could also be failing hardware. One of my phones did similar recently and is now virtually unusable. Old, so fair enough.

Acc3r

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'll test it out, but I don't think the apps are causing the problem, because I factory reset and wiped data and cache a few times already. It's a damn shame if it's hardware's fault, the seller didn't say anything about that.

EDIT: It happened in safe mode as well.

One thing I also noticed is that there is no baseband version in "about tablet", not "unknown", it's just missing. Is this because it's a wifi only model?

Last edited:

Acc3r

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I left my tablet connected to my phone's LTE hotspot overnight and the connection didn't drop. So I guess the culprit is my network. I will try to restart my router.

Acc3r

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I changed to my network's 5GHz band and changed the channels of the two bands and haven't yet experienced connection drops. I will have to test out more.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth and other household devices that use or can interfere with the 2.4 GHz band (like wireless landline phones or microwave ovens) could also cause intermittent dropouts, so if you want to use 2.4 GHz, you can also try changing the wi-fi channel to see if that improves things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad