My tablet shows inaccurate colors?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My tablet filters its screen with "adaptive display", "basic mode", "reading mode" etc. and i cannot find any other options in settings that lets the screen show accurate colours. How can I fix this? My tablet is a Galaxy Tab S2.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
some specific colours are brighter or more saturated and the rest of the colours appear to be nearby colours instead of the exact one

I'm not sure how you can know they weren't meant to be like that. The TAB S2 is quite old. I must have had mine for 5 years so how is this an issue, now?

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
I'm not sure how you can know they weren't meant to be like that. The TAB S2 is quite old. I must have had mine for 5 years so how is this an issue, now?

I import my drawings from my phone to my tablet and the colour difference is quite noticeable, so I know. It shouldnt be an issue unless you need to draw and use colours I think. (If youre wondering why i cant just draw with my phone its because the screen is too small and its very inconvenient)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but it doesn't mention any solutions :/

Right, because I believe "Basic" is the baseline. One of the posters in that thread showed some evidence that Basic is actually very accurate -- can you take a picture of the screen (using another device, not a screenshot, since that won't necessary reproduce any inaccuracies you're talking about) and post it here, so we can see how inaccurate things look?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've got the S2 and there is not advanced color calibration settings, just the few modes Samsung includes, most of which tend to over saturate among other things.

A third party app from the play store may be able to accurately calibrate it, I've never bothered to try calibrating anything but a laptop display in the past so I couldn't recommend a specific app.

I don't think the average person realizes how much variation actually exists between displays, same color can even look different when displayed side by side on 2 of the exact same model display if not calibrated correctly. Can be a real pain for content creators.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000