Apps for the deaf, voice to text and eexternal microphones

dartguru

Sep 1, 2020
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 tab running Android v7 and have the Live Transcribe App but find that the microphone doesnt pick up voices in the room very well. So i bought an external microphone to see if that would help, but can't get it to work. It has a TRS connection which I believed to be compatible with the tab.
What am I missing ?

One added complication, if I can get this working, I will be wanting to do the same for my father's Amazon Kindle Fire Tab 7, 9th Gen.

So, any advice will be much appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to read this question,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Android uses a TRRS jack, so you'll need a 4 pin plug. Mic should be the shell and gnd should be the first ring up from the shell.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the Tab S2 forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

dartguru

Sep 1, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. I'd picked up a microphone with a TRRS connection and tested it. It all works "adequately".
The next step is to see if I can do similar with a bluetooth/wireless clip on microphone so my mother doesn't walk off with a cable (or worse a tablet) trailing behind her lol