Back/app switcher button cancel in landscape mode?

bthornton84

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
As an owner of a Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) tablet, one of my biggest complaints is that holding on to the tablet in portrait mode, my thumb rests on the back button. This makes for an extremely frustrating experience as I'm either awkwardly holding my thumb out of the way or I'm accidentally hitting the back button.

Looking at the Galaxy Tab S2 (the bigger one), I see that they've moved the buttons to favor portrait mode, which just introduces the same problem if I want to use it in landscape mode.

Has Samsung done anything to address this in the S2? A button cancel (dependent on the current orientation) seems like a simple solution, but then again, you're pretty lost in Android without a back button.

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you find what you were looking for? Hopefully you found some answers to your question and purchase the S2.

bthornton84

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
No, I never found an answer. This seems like such a basic usability/ergonomic issue that nobody else seems to have. So maybe it's just me? :p Hard to believe, though.

I ended up getting an iPad Air 2 and have had zero issues with accidental button presses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol