Something is wrong with the auto select time zone

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I just recently purchased a Samsung Tab S2 Cellular version and I am experiencing issues with auto time update and time zones. Please note that I do not have a SIM inserted in the device, so the device has not hit the network at all.

I have the device connected to wifi and it will not auto update time or time zone. When I go to manual there isn't a EST time zone. I have to manually select the date and time to ensure the device is displaying this info correctly.

Now the main concern, it has effected all of my calendars in Google Calendar. All of my appointments are messed up, mainl showing appts that are scheduled for today but are showing tomorrow. Everything is fine on my phone, which all info and scheduled appts are showing correct times and date, my tab is sycing with the same Google Account.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Is this because the Tab is not connected to a cellular network? When I place an active SIM card into the device would this fix all the issues and have my calendars corrected?

I am using the device for work so the calendar is obviously an important part to my every day. If anyone has any information/advice on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Phones get time from the network. Without a sim card, there is no network. So the only time it knows is the time you manually set it to. And while you can set a time manually, the phone without a network has no idea what a Timezone even is, so there's no way it can adjust your calendar accordingly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante